Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Longtime Nissan owner/driver. My dad has a Titan and I got him the Billet Grille for Christmas off of eBay. (can't post link to item since I'm under 15 posts)

He's installed the grille and has had some issues with a whistling sound. Tried with and without the plastic pieces behind the grille to no avail (I assume they are involved in some sort of airflow re-direct or something?). I'm far from a gearhead, but much more familiar with my car than these big ol' trucks. Is this a common problem and is there a known fix for this?

Thanks,
Jeff

(picture of grille attached)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
This has nothign to do with the grille but check the air filter box to make sure it's shut properly. Mine won't close correctly and it whistles because of it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had a ebay billet grille on my dodge. It always whistled around 55-64 mph. I couldn't find a way to fix it. It has to do with the wind messing with the flimsy metal, working like a wind chime of sorts. Best remedy was to just crank up the radio lol .

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
I think P'sTitan had the same problem with one back around November of this year. Can't recall how he solved it. Maybe search for "whistle"?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts