Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does Courtesy Parts.com charge $431.25 for the E&G Classics polished stainless steel billet grill & bumper for the Nissan Titan, while other sites sell the same EXACT set brand new for $250? That's over $180 markup over competitors, and I'm sure the competitors are still making a profit.

I wish I knew this information before I bought my grille from Courtesy Parts. Although I have been and will continue to be a Courtesy Parts customer, I will most assuredly be double checking prices with competing websites from now on.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
495 Posts
You gotta start checking ebay and other websites....I know I do when I am looking to buy something.....

·
Registered
406 Posts
froogle.com!!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BiXLL said:
froogle.com!!!!!
At first when I read this I thought you were making fun of me on how I complained about overpaying for the same product.
Sure enough, that really is a website...thanks for the link!

·
Registered
53 Posts
technically, they can sell anything they want at any price, its up to the consumer to choose who to buy from... but i think it all comes down to before and after sale service... i have bought stuff from other companies and man once they get your money, you cannot get any help from them, but i bought some stuff from courtesy, and i can always rely on them to help me through even the simple install questions on the products they sell... =)

·
Registered
811 Posts
i could care less if they would help me or not. just call the company who made it for help. not who you bought it from.

·
Registered
811 Posts
im personally having a rough time with courtesy. first they sent the wrong in channel visors, then they said they would next day air the right one and that has been 3 weeks, still havent got my smokers kit thats been 4 weeks. have to stay on hold for 10 min. AND that stupid change holder was like 50 some bucks .

·
Registered
53 Posts
sorry to hear... hope everything works out on it, so far i just got the splash guards (w.toolbox) and tow hooks, next on list the bed extender..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought the billet grille, fog light kit, tow hooks, hood protector, touch-up paint, K&N airfilter, and locking gas cap from Courtesy Parts (I'm sure there was more, that's all I can remember now). All were equitably priced, except for the billet grille. It's more my fault anyway, since after having the grille a couple months I decided I didn't like it (did the same thing with the hood protector). I didn't know about the difference in price until I went to sell it and found out about the huge price difference. I understand selling product to specific markets, free enterprise, etc., but I have not found a product that is nearly double the price of other companies. My past experiences with Courtesy is good, as well as my brother who has a 350Z, but that price difference makes me think twice.
I was also thinking about the change holder (bought my truck my truck in February; didn't come with one), but I'm sure it can be found cheaper somewhere else. I haven't looked into it yet, though.

·
Registered
766 Posts
^^ Call and complain to Nissan, lots of people have gotten them for free that way...

Run a search, you might be able to find someone that listed exactally who they talked to, maybe you could call and ask for them...

I have the bench, so mine came with one, sort of, in the flip down console...

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
On the grill issue I went to a dealer and they had installed the 3 piece billet inserts and the bumper on 1 of their new armadas to sell. They were asking $1200 for it! now that's a rip off. Fortunately there's an internet and now we all can be wiser before purchasing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts