Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm trying to find the most affordable way to lift my 05' 2wd titan. I only want to run 33's on the stock 18" rims so I don't need anything crazy but I want a little more clearance than the mini lift provides. Lifting the rear is easy(blocks) but the front seems to be the expensive part. I was going to buy the cst 4" spindles and use the 2" blocks in the back but I recently started looking at the bilstein adjustables. I need to buy new shocks/struts anyhow. If I could get 2" with the bilstein adjustables and add the 2.5" levelers with them on the front then that should give me 4.5" of lift up front and would be way cheaper. I was wondering if this would work together and would it have any negative effects on the ride quality. PRG's site claims stock ride quality with the 4" spindles and that's what I'm looking for. I don't mind if it's slightly stiffer up front but I don't want my teeth rattling out of my head either. Has anybody else used a similar setup? Is there anything else I would need that I'm overlooking? Please keep in mind that I'm trying to keep this affordable without messing up my ride quality. I have to buy the shocks/struts, lift, and tires all at once so I'm looking for any way to save some money on the combo. I also want the finished product to be level front to rear or maybe slightly higher up front if anything. My measurements now show a difference of about 2" in height as the truck sits.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
bilsteins on their top setting will be very stiff. PLUS a 2.5 spacer and bilsteins all the way up equals lots of coilbucket contact with your uppercontrol arms. you get what you pay though,

·
Registered
181 Posts
The ride is going to be very stiff like Honda250xtitan said added with the 2.5" spacer you are going to contact the coil bucket almost every time you hit a bump.

Just by leveling it out you should be able to clear 33's with the right back spacing.

If you need to replace your shocks get the Bilsteins and a 1.5" spacer and put the shocks on the middle setting it will give you a total of 2.5" of lift

·
Registered
784 Posts
talked to a guy the other day that used 2" spacer and 5100's on the middle notch and got 3.5" of lift

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
85 Posts
Any other feedback on this topic? I was thinking of doing the same thing. Other than the godawful sound, what problems come about with coilbucket contact? I'm not familiar with suspension so I don't know any terms other than "harsh ride" lol

·
Registered
979 Posts
You'll need to add aftermarket UCA's to that list other wise you have very bad coil bucket contact (like honda said)

You best bet would be to go with the cst 4" spindle kit, if you want to get alittle more height you can use 08+ pro 4x coils on your stock struts to get 1.5"+ extra like stryker recently did. The good part of the spindle lift is later on you can add UCAs and struts or coil overs.

-Dave

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
979 Posts
Any other feedback on this topic? I was thinking of doing the same thing. Other than the godawful sound, what problems come about with coilbucket contact? I'm not familiar with suspension so I don't know any terms other than "harsh ride" lol
Dont get yourself into a suspension setup that will have cb contact, it can damage your cb and uca. Are you 2wd or 4x4?

·
Registered
85 Posts
2WD. I'm basically just looking to run 34s or 35s on 20" Rockstars or Badlands and not have to worry about rubbing. I know rubbin's racing, but I ain't Cole Trickle

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I have my Bilstein 5100 set on the top notch (received them that way from RyBo) and I don't think they are harsh at all. I plan on adding a 2.5" to 3" spacer on top when I can get some PRG UCA's.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
I have my Bilstein 5100 set on the top notch (received them that way from RyBo) and I don't think they are harsh at all. I plan on adding a 2.5" to 3" spacer on top when I can get some PRG UCA's.
Is your sway bar on or off?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Is your sway bar on or off?
I kept my sway bar on. With just my Bilsteins, my 2WD is sitting at 37.5" front and rear. I definitely want more lift...I should have taken my CST spindles off of my truck before I traded it. I'm getting 275/65/20 (34") tires when I get my tax refund.

I can't decide if I should:

A) Set the Bilsteins on 0 and add 08+ 4x4 coils, RC 3" spacers and RC UCA for 5" of lift

or

B) Leave the Bilsteins 2 and add the RC 3" spacers and RC UCA for 5.5" of lift

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
I kept my sway bar on. With just my Bilsteins, my 2WD is sitting at 37.5" front and rear. I definitely want more lift...I should have taken my CST spindles off of my truck before I traded it. I'm getting 275/65/20 (34") tires when I get my tax refund.

I can't decide if I should:

A) Set the Bilsteins on 0 and add 08+ 4x4 coils, RC 3" spacers and RC UCA for 5" of lift

or

B) Leave the Bilsteins 2 and add the RC 3" spacers and RC UCA for 5.5" of lift
I feel you'll have pretty bad contac even with the RC kit. AZpro4x showed me his RCuca's last year and they still were banging all on his coilbuckets like the stockers. 5" of lift on a stock spindle is impressive though, lucky 2wd. You gonna throw a block in the back to level it out?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I feel you'll have pretty bad contac even with the RC kit. AZpro4x showed me his RCuca's last year and they still were banging all on his coilbuckets like the stockers. 5" of lift on a stock spindle is impressive though, lucky 2wd. You gonna throw a block in the back to level it out?
The more I read on the forums, the more I am leaning towards the really stiff Pro4x coils with the sway bar removed. It looks like stock Pro4X's and 2WD that upgrade to the Pro4x coils sit at about 38". If I had my Bilstein's set at 0 and picked up a 1.5" spacer, I would sit at 40".

I measured my rear again last night, and it is actually sitting at 38" right now. The most I would throw on back there is a 1.5" block.

My old truck sat 41.5" front and 42.5" rear.

·
Registered
979 Posts
With the setup im moving to with the 5100s soon im lookinto gain an 1" to 1.5" front and rear. Currently im at 42.5" front and rear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got a 2015 pro-4X and i was looking for a leveling kit but the more inread here the more i get confuse , i think i will remove a front wheel tomorow tonget a look a everything under there. I won't buy anything until figured out .

By the way, a pro-4x 4x4 , how much front lift for getting rig level up ?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
1.5" spacer will level you up or you can do the bilstein 5100's on middle setting, which will get you pretty close and significantly improve your ride, even though your truck is new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a proud owner of a 2004 2wd Crew Cab Titan and was looking at getting it lifted on the cheap given that I am in High School. I was looking at 2.5" spacers for the front to level it so I jacked up the front 2.5" just to get a visualization, I definitely liked it better than stock but still wanting it a little higher.

So my question is, will this setup work...
Front
-2.5" spacers on stock shock with 08 4x coils
(4 in. of total lift?)
Rear
-Stock shocks with 1.5 caster blocks (1.5 in. of total lift?)

So if I'm thinking of this right it will sit even. I'm trying to stay away from getting aftermarket UCAs since they are out of my budget.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts