Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
From what I've read posted, the 5100 set at '0' are 0.5" taller than the OEM height, and they ride a little stiff when maxed out at full height... So, I'm guessing worst case scenerio, that set at '0' with the 2.5" leveling kit might possibly cause coilbucket contact over big bumps, and you might possibly be limited to 2" lift adjustment for a comfy ride if you remove the leveling kit. But that's just a worst case scenerio, it might not be all that bad.

·
Registered
795 Posts
In a 2wd 06 and I have done it. Ride is rough; I suggest the first setting or .5"

Reactions: baseballfanz

·
Supporting Vendor
106 Posts
They will work, since the shock has an extra 2.5" of travel over the stock height shocks, but is there any advantage to running a leveling kit instead of just adjusting the spring perch? Not trying to second guess anyone, it's just that I've been recommending to customers that they'd be better off selling the leveling kit for extra cash if they're only looking for 2.5" of lift, and I'm wondering if that's the best way to do it.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
They will work, since the shock has an extra 2.5" of travel over the stock height shocks, but is there any advantage to running a leveling kit instead of just adjusting the spring perch? Not trying to second guess anyone, it's just that I've been recommending to customers that they'd be better off selling the leveling kit for extra cash if they're only looking for 2.5" of lift, and I'm wondering if that's the best way to do it.
Maybe someone can verify but I've read posted that the full 2.5" setting rides rough. seems like alot of the guys are suggesting staying within the 0.5"-2.0" settings on the perch.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
I have mine on with a 2" spacer and the bilstein set to the middle notch. No coil bucket contact. (04 non 4x4 CC)
Not sure what another 0.5 inches would do though.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
So I cant run my 2" spacer and the 5100's? Its either one or the other?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
You would probably get too much coil bucket contact, but there have been people that have run 2.5" spacers on the '04-'07 4x4's and were o.k. but you would be compromising your suspension's travel. Probably have to grind the lips on the coil bucket and slow way down for speed bumps, off road etc.

Without a spacer, at the middle perch and your '07 4x4 coils, you should be at 1.5" instead of your current 2". Add an 1.5" net lift spacer, you would be up to an inch taller than your current setup, and more coil bucket clearance than current". This is the way I would likely go, if I bought 5100's and had stock UCAs.

Or buy the Bilstein HD struts and use your current spacer, and for more lift add the '08+ 4x4 coils.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Thats the exact setup I'm running right now. Both 2" prg spacer and the 5100's. No coil bucket contact but when I go offroad, I don't smash everywhere. In other words, I haven't tried to see if there is contact at full droop because I'm assuming there will be, so I just take it easy offroad.

Reactions: Pops

·
Registered
179 Posts
good luck getting these shocks, i ordered my in the beginning of march and i STILL havent received mine..... the backorder date keeps getting moved back further. im about to get my money back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts