Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
i hope they come out soon too, i need new shocks and was gonna get the bilsteins, but if the adjustables are gonna come out soon, i'd like to hold out for them, i'm rollin on 2 year old stock shocks...two words....NOT FUN :boxing:

·
Registered
2 Posts
has anyone ever towed above capacity

my wife and i want to get a 5th wheel. it is 33ft. we are at 9400 dry with no gear. we will be at 11000 ponds all done and through. is that ok? also do you subtract our payload from our towing capacity? being a 5th wheel?

·
Banned
138 Posts
That trailer is too heavy for the Titan, you will need a 3/4 ton for that, so keep praying for the 3/4 ton titan. You subtract its tongue weight from your payload capacity. There was a question almost identical to this posted a couple days ago and that much weight will tear up the truck quick.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Don't know where the trailer & 5th wheel replies in this thread came from, but if you want to find out about the adjustable 5100's, call Shane Casad in Bilstein's off road dept. I have called him so much he is probably tired of hearing from me. He is a nice guy: 858-386-5900 Bilstein has isued a part number for the Titan's adj. 5100's for the front, according to Shane it is BE5-D185-HO.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
is there any kind of pricepoint for the new 5100's yet?

·
Registered
834 Posts
I spoke to Shane Casad this afternoon. I don't think he realizes that I am the one calling every month. He is still saying they will be available by the end of the year (can anyone say.....Christmas present) and they will probably be priced around $100 each.

·
Registered
65 Posts
These things sound sweet. I was just going to bite the bullet and buy a leveling kit and front and rear shocks/struts. I might have to hold out now until these come out.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
sweet if they're only $100 each, i'll just wait for those

·
Registered
834 Posts
The ones that fit a Taco are $97.95 on shockwarehouse.com, so around $100 will probably be right.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
We can already make the Bilsteins into an adjustable height shock by machining a snap ring groove in the body of the shock. I will say that anymore than about 3/4" inch of lift will start to promote a bad ride. The best options are to use a small leveling kit spacer...about 1.25" of lift and add the 3/4-1" with the spring. Or if you have a 2wd, just use a 4wd spring and the smaller leveling kit. This kit will not let the upper arm hit the coilbucket either. But trying to get a full 2-2.5" of lift by just moving the coilspring has been proven detrimental to ride quality and performance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 05 4wd kc, so your telling me it would be better to get a mini lift and put bilstein shocks in, for a good ride and could i put 315's on 17inch rims with your level lift? Thanks for any answers

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
How much adjustment do the Bilstiens have? I'd just like to get the front about 1.5" higher.

·
Registered
940 Posts
PrerunnerGreg said:
But trying to get a full 2-2.5" of lift by just moving the coilspring has been proven detrimental to ride quality and performance.
What exactly happens to the ride quality? I have my Rancho Triple Xs set for 2 inches and my ride seems fine.

Land vehicle Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel

·
Registered
834 Posts
The Tripple X's by Rancho that level the Titan have been out for a while. They ride is not affected by them, except for improvement over stock. Rancho now is offering the "Quick Lift" shocks that also level the truck, but no one seems to want to try them out & report back to us. They are supposed to me more "heavy duty" than the Tripple X's. Both the Tripple X's & "Quick Lift" shocks have the "dial-a-ride" feature so there is some fine-tuning that can be accomplished to suit your taste. The problem with the Bilsteins and ride quality may be why they are taking so long to get them to market.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.