Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who is interested - I just got off the phone with Bilstein (when I called I actually got PEOPLE and not a recording - that was refreshing) to get an update on the ride height adjustable 5100's for the Titan. The guy I spoke to was very nice, but unfortunately it looks like they will not be available for at least 3 more months. The adjustable 5100's have the ability to level the front end of the truck with the rear. This will be an option for anyone thinking about a spacer kit. I was given the following part numbers for the 4x4 Titan:
Front: BE5-D185-HO
Rear: BE5-D187-HO
:cheers:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Don't hold your breath, they took forever to get the non adjustable ones to market.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Those are 7100 series shown above. The 5100 should be like the toyota models and have a multiple snap ring grooves. Funny thing is that I can cut those into the 5100 series they sell now. Hmmm, ill try it on the next set I get in here. best bet would be to combine a very short leveling kit and use a bit more preload on the coils. No coilbucket interference and still keeping msot of the "Droop" or downtravel for a good ride.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a great experiment, and you are just the guy to do it! Let us know how things turn out.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Are those 7100 series any good? Are they cheaper then say, radflows?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I am just repeating the info I found somewhere else I do not have any more details than I am posting

Nissan Motorsports spring brochure. Inside is listed a Bilstein Coilover kit.

It is either a 2" lift to 2" drop. It includes four Bilstein shocks, front are adjustable with a threaded perch, front coil springs, front upper shock mounts, rear shackles and add-a-leaf. Retail is around 1550 for the kit.

Part# 99996-A60SL

supposedly these parts can not be broken up only sold as a kit

Attachments

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Besides 2 more inches of lift, Whats the difference between this and Greg's performance lift?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
VERY interesting Delta... I'll keep my ears open for more on this.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
AF-Medic said:
Besides 2 more inches of lift, Whats the difference between this and Greg's performance lift?
Greg's kit comes with new coilovers, rear shocks, front upper a-arms, and a deaver pack for the rear. So, minus the rear shackles shown, and add the a-arms...oh yeah, and add $300-$400 for greg's depending on the coilovers you go with. With the a-arms, his is a much better kit for the Titan.

·
Registered
578 Posts
AF-Medic said:

Im sure this is a decent kit, but its a one size fits all kit. Greg can tailor a kit to your needs. Greg is extremely knowledgeable and will take the time to answer your questions. I have received nothing but great service from PRG and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Im not sure what the shock diameter in the front is but I know it is smaller than some of the coilovers that Greg offers and the coil springs seem to be smaller also. If you plan to beat on your truck this might not be the kit for you:soap:

·
Registered
578 Posts
07cajuntitan said:
VERY interesting Delta... I'll keep my ears open for more on this.:cheers:

Ive got some cooper discoverer ST's ordered for my truck 275/70/18. Ive also got a set of SAw's ordered. They are for a unmodified truck and will work with a stock upper control arm because they contain an internal bumpstop like the DR's
Expect a full review in the near future:cheers:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I think I will pass for $1500 dollars and go with PRG's kit instead.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Saving my penny's now. I hope to have one next year about this time. Need a heck of a group deal or one time deal because Greg feels sorry for folks in Alaska to get some sooner:jester:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cmclovis said:
Wonder what the story is with the 5100 coilovers now.
I have been calling Bilstein every month. I have been talking with Shane Casad in the off road dept. and he is telling me by the end of the year now. We'll see.

·
Registered
74 Posts
07cajuntitan said:
I have been calling Bilstein every month. I have been talking with Shane Casad in the off road dept. and he is telling me by the end of the year now. We'll see.
Anything new on this topic?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Are they having these manufactured in Bangladesh?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well,
I spoke to Shane Casad with Bilstein just now and he said they are available. I did an internet search for the part number BE5-D185 and the only hit I got was from offroadwarehouse.com. It doesn't look like they actually have them in yet as the listed price of $121 is crossed out. The picture is wrong as well.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts