Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Bilstein 5100 shocks from PRG will fit the rear of a stock Titan, correct?!?... just wanted to make sure...:bandit:

·
Super Moderator
35,622 Posts
A-Rod said:
the Bilstein 5100 shocks from PRG will fit the rear of a stock Titan, correct?!?... just wanted to make sure...:bandit:
Yes they will fit. Many of us have them.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I sure love mine!!! I think there might be two different lengths though, for stock and lifted applications. Give Greg a call and order them up. They are easily the best <$200 that I've spent on my truck.

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just ordered them... thanks guys... I knew they would fit, but someone put a bug in my ear about only the oem yellow ones would work... I knew that wasn't right... thanks again...

oh.. and how many of you are running them w/ out the boots...?

·
Super Moderator
35,622 Posts
A-Rod said:
just ordered them... thanks guys... I knew they would fit, but someone put a bug in my ear about only the oem yellow ones would work... I knew that wasn't right... thanks again...

Boots on mine.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
A-Rod said:

Put it this way, I ran the el cheapo ProComp shocks that came with the lift without any boots. I had a seal go bad after about 20k. This, in my opinion, was a result of pitting/rusting on the shaft itself due to the harsh winters here in Pennsylvania. Then at some point, I compressed the shock enough that the rusted/pitted area went down and trashed the seal. This is when I bought the Bilsteins.

I am running the boots on mine, personally think it looks better that way plus it does offer more protection for the shaft. I do think that you should regularly slip the boot off to clean the shaft though.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Anyone heard when the height adjustable 5100's for the front of the Titan are due out? I read somewhere that the ones for the Tundra are available.

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, there is no such thing as winter on this island ;) haha ... I've also read that in some instances, the boot can actually do more harm than good, trapping dirt and stuff in there... When I put a steering stabilizer in my old frontier, it recommended not using the boot in the rancho instructions...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts