Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone use bilsteins up front on 05 4x4 k/c's ? ( not that model should make a difference, or should it?)

im looking to go with something better than stock, however do not want to spend big $ on coil overs. i here good things bout the bilsteins. i have a 2" leveling kit, and want to know if thats the best route to go. anyone have a similar set up?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Since you have a level kit already, this seems like a smart move. If you do the work yourself, I think you can get them for like $70 ea. and borrow a spring compressor from an auto parts store.

If you need to pay someone to do the work, with now-a-days hourly shop prices, it makes sense to buy them with the coils already install from PRG. You have pay him a refundable core charge, and then after you are done, send him your old OEM coilovers so he can salvage the springs for the next customer. His contact info. can be found at PRGproducts.com.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will have the exact setup you are talking about come tomorrow. I am installing the 2" leveling kit and the bilsteins on my 05 K/C in the am myself. Got the shocks from shockwarehouse.com for $67 each shipped. Also did the 1.5" rear block kit and found out I could use longer rear shocks. I'll post back with the results of the front end upgrade.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the feedback, good info. i have all the tools i would need in my shop. i will definately do rears also delta. cant wait to hear the results from 05xe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for the slow response. Been busy lately.
The new Bilsteins and leveling kit are installed and everything looks and works great! The ride is ever so slightly firmer than the stock shocks but not hard or harsh by any means. I had to pay close attention to even tell the difference. I've noticed much more suspension travel when off-roading. I no longer bottom out on big bumps.
The installation is pretty straight forward and can be done with hand tools and a jack. Definitely need strut spring compressors but you can get those at autozone for free. Install took about 2 hours.
The overall look of the truck after 2"/1.5" lift is great. Slight forward rake but almost level. I was surprised to see how much of a lift that actually is. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have the same set up but no blocks in the rear. I think it looks better w/out them. I am missing a washer and waiting for it to be sent my ride sucks until I get that thing. I think they ride about like stock but are just better for big bumps at speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts