Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to reduce the body roll on my truck. I have read many posts and it seems people are pretty split on going with the sway bar or the stiffer shocks.

In my situation I will be 99.9% on road driving. That .1% is the yearly trip to a muddy pumpkin patch, but aside from that it's all onroad driving.

What are the pro's and con's of each for my situation?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
No matter what, replace the stock piece of junk shocks with something better, like the Bilsteins. The stock shocks suck. If that doesn't give the result you're after get the sway bar. Both are great mods for a street truck and will compliment each other well.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
archer75 said:
I need to reduce the body roll on my truck. I have read many posts and it seems people are pretty split on going with the sway bar or the stiffer shocks.

In my situation I will be 99.9% on road driving. That .1% is the yearly trip to a muddy pumpkin patch, but aside from that it's all onroad driving.

What are the pro's and con's of each for my situation?
Shocks and Sway Bars perform two different functions. I think, if you are looking to improve all around performance, go with both. If you just want to reduce roll, than the sway bar is what you want. By the way OEM shocks are crap.

·
Registered
145 Posts
bbomar said:
Shocks and Sway Bars perform two different functions. I think, if you are looking to improve all around performance, go with both. If you just want to reduce roll, than the sway bar is what you want. By the way OEM shocks are crap.

thats what Im doing, I had the hellwig on my 05 and loved it, I just ordered the hellwig,helper springs and donahoe shocks! It should be night and day!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
37L1 said:
It's not either/or, it's both.
I don't have the budget for both. So it is either/or.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
archer75 said:
I don't have the budget for both. So it is either/or.
If you are having sway problems, go with the bar, and then later get some shocks.

I can tell you where to get the shocks for approx. $133.65 shipped. Just PM me.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
when you see posts referring to "stiffer springs" vs. sway bar, it's regarding the front suspension.........if you have aftermarket front coilovers, you can pretty much do without factory sway bars due to stiffer coils of DRs, SAWs, Radflo, etc......

regarding the rear suspension, sounds like your immediate need will requure the Hellwig, but you really should consider getting Bilsteins as well....

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Shocks first, because they will help handling and the stockers do suck. If you still want or need better handling, get the sway bar and see if you can adapt quick disconnects for the .1% you off-road.

After my mods SAW's front and DRE's rear the handling is unbeilevable... I scare people with the cornering of my truck now!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've never installed shocks on a vehicle before. Anything special about installing them on a titan? Do I need to jack it up?

·
Super Moderator
34,515 Posts
archer75 said:
I've never installed shocks on a vehicle before. Anything special about installing them on a titan? Do I need to jack it up?
No, generally speaking, but some of the bolts, top in particular, are on tight-tight-tight. I had to remove the rear wheel and use a breaker bar because the impact wrench couldn't do it. Other than that, it's simple RandR.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts