Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
happy late thanksgiving to all. After breakfast this morning i notice i too have joined the rear leaking seal club. Thanks Nissan out of warranty at 70100 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
You know there's a TSB on them. Usually instead of replacing the seal, they replace the axle and all. Don't know if you'll be covered on that, ask your dealer.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
You know there's a TSB on them. Usually instead of replacing the seal, they replace the axle and all. Don't know if you'll be covered on that, ask your dealer.
At 75500, I tried to see if my local stealerships (2 different ones) would do a "good faith" warranty work and got shot down... my extended warranty expired as well, so I am going to do the seal, bearing, retention ring replacement option... $100 in parts and 1.7 hrs. labor per the service book... found a local off road shop to hook the brotha up with 1hr labor cost and they have a machine press... should run me around 2 hundo for the repair vs. a 5 hundo+ for parts / labor for a new axle shaft assy... If you have no irregular sounds and flexing rotation, your axle shaft should be fine for just the seal and bearing replacement...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DRTYAZN; If you have no irregular sounds and flexing rotation said:
Thanks that is what was replaced (Seal and Bearing) no more leak (for now) if any one in the 505 that does not know how to, or needs a shop that can have it fix in a timely manor and for around 200 let me know and ill PM you the shop that did mine. It was a complete shock but i had a feeling it was coming having the truck paid off and out of any warranty it was just a matter of time i guess. Now if i could only explain to wife, family and friends that the titan is still a great truck. "why does it leak you never drive it" is what i here every day from them. Oh well just another thing to add to the list, Rear right seal, Power steering hose, front Diff seal, Drive line, windshield driver side (water in heavy rains) Radiator Cracked.:crying: Rant over pay it forward

1 - 4 of 4 Posts