Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally warmed up enough for me to pull my grill off and put these inserts in. It said it would fit without cutting the mesh out of the stock grille but I sized it up and I thought it looked kind of silly with the mesh so I cut it out with a Jigsaw.
Tip to anyone who does this, it is well worth the extra two minutes to seperate the two pieces of the grille to cut it. I tried cutting it with them together first but came close to clipping the shiney parts with the saw so I seperated them.
The install was overall very easy, only tedious part was getting it back on the truck. Those little factory clips across the top are very anoying so I took all of the upper ones out and used heavy duty Zipties. the lower and side clips went in no prob.

Attachments

Reactions: justkillintime

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Don't feel bad about the top clips, mine broke/lost as well and using zip ties (too lazy to go get new clips). Looks good, BTW.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Well it finally warmed up enough for me to pull my grill off and put these inserts in. It said it would fit without cutting the mesh out of the stock grille but I sized it up and I thought it looked kind of silly with the mesh so I cut it out with a Jigsaw.
Tip to anyone who does this, it is well worth the extra two minutes to seperate the two pieces of the grille to cut it. I tried cutting it with them together first but came close to clipping the shiney parts with the saw so I seperated them.
The install was overall very easy, only tedious part was getting it back on the truck. Those little factory clips across the top are very anoying so I took all of the upper ones out and used heavy duty Zipties. the lower and side clips went in no prob.
Good Job. I love this grille. Very clean. You plan on getting the lower? Ya, I cut mine with a sawzall. I needed a dremel to clean it up a bit but you can't see it so I'm happy. Here's mine with the lower too.
2011 Pro4x blk grille 14.JPG

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
That came out awesome.. where did you get those inserts?

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I bought mine directly from the grillcraft website. I wasn't sure on getting the lower until I got the upper I figured I would wait and see what the quality was like first, but that looks sweet with the lower. How hard was the install on that I wasnt sure if you had to remove the bumper or what?.
I think ill do the headlight mod next whenever I get some time, my tails have the vht drying on them as we speak :)

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Thanks guys, I bought mine directly from the grillcraft website. I wasn't sure on getting the lower until I got the upper I figured I would wait and see what the quality was like first, but that looks sweet with the lower. How hard was the install on that I wasnt sure if you had to remove the bumper or what?.
I think ill do the headlight mod next whenever I get some time, my tails have the vht drying on them as we speak :)
ya, you would think manufactureres would be better priced but usspeed was a little cheaper. The lower was really easy. There are 2 plugs at the top inside of bumper where the grillecrafts lower has 2 prongs that will fit up inside there. Pull those out, insert the lower. I used a sharp point to tap a hole on sides and then screwed directly in each side. That's it. I want to do my tails next and just ordered all leds from armaden for the tails so it will be bright when I tint them.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Looks great man! Where in AB are you? I am waiting for the snow to dissappear before I tackle my next mods. Good on ya for sucking it up!

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm maybe ill have to grab up one of those lowers if their not too hard to put in. I know what you mean about the LEDs I think im going to get in contact with armaden as well and grab some because as good as these look dark I think the light should show through a bit more than it is, and I only did 3 coats of vht. Pic below. I think once I polish them up it will help, im hoping.

@CanadianKid Im in Red Deer, where are you. And yeah its been freezing but yesterday was above 0 so I figured why not haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
hmm maybe ill have to grab up one of those lowers if their not too hard to put in. I know what you mean about the LEDs I think im going to get in contact with armaden as well and grab some because as good as these look dark I think the light should show through a bit more than it is, and I only did 3 coats of vht. Pic below. I think once I polish them up it will help, im hoping.
Oh, I'm really liking the tails. Good job on those.

·
Registered
13 Posts
pro4alberta and rbt your trucks look great. Galaxy black all the way lol. I want to install the upper grillcraft inserts but I think I'm going with some offroad lights for the lower portion :)

pro4alberta did your truck come with the black rear bumper or did you have that done?? Looks sick!

Reactions: rbt

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pro4alberta and rbt your trucks look great. Galaxy black all the way lol. I want to install the upper grillcraft inserts but I think I'm going with some offroad lights for the lower portion :)

pro4alberta did your truck come with the black rear bumper or did you have that done?? Looks sick!

Thanks I wouldnt settle for any other colour. The bumpers come matched with the Pro4X editions same with the grille, white has white bumper red has red and so on :D

·
Registered
889 Posts
Another vote for the grillcraft. Best grill out there for black. I like rbp's grill but wow$$$

1 - 14 of 14 Posts