Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a shop in Santa Ana the other day and found the owner Bob has a Titan OE wheel exchange deal he does on the side. You send him your good 17 or 18-inch Titan OE wheels plus $60 bucks to cover the shipping and powder coat costs and he will ship you factory replacments that are powdercoated black. I asked him if he ever posted up on Titantalk.com, he said no. So I thought I share it with everyone. he can be reached at 714 454 6309. or by e-mail at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Those look pretty good, more of a flat black from the pictures at least. How much is the powdercoating portion, surely it can't be $60 only for powdercoating and shipping?

·
Registered
99 Posts
i just called and asked him he said it was 350... i thought it was 60...?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
yeah, emailed him.....he said he'd swap wheels, mount and balance for $350 if I were to take the truck to him........replied asking him about a straight swap + $60 as mentioned in above post.........he hasn't replied yet

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
SDTitan1 said:
yeah, emailed him.....he said he'd swap wheels, mount and balance for $350 if I were to take the truck to him........replied asking him about a straight swap + $60 as mentioned in above post.........he hasn't replied yet
I wouldn't hold your breath on that one, LOL!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All I know is he said he'd take any 17 or 18-inch OE Titan wheel in good condition and return another one that is powdercoated black for $60.00
I didn't discuss mounting or balancing. Maybe mention you noticed a post on here? I didn't tell him I posted it.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
stover said:
All I know is he said he'd take any 17 or 18-inch OE Titan wheel in good condition and return another one that is powdercoated black for $60.00
I didn't discuss mounting or balancing. Maybe mention you noticed a post on here? I didn't tell him I posted it.
Maybe he was thinking $60.00 per wheel and just said 60???

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
How much for a swap without a balance? I just had new tires put on my stock rims last week and jsut paid for them to b mounted and balanced :(

Cost me $226 at discount tires. I wanted to get my rims PCed black but had no idea about this untill today I'd hate to fork out all that cash again and only get a weeks use out of them I do get free balancing at discount though now that I paid.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
How much for a swap without a balance? I just had new tires put on my stock rims last week and jsut paid for them to b mounted and balanced :(

Cost me $226 at discount tires. I wanted to get my rims PCed black but had no idea about this untill today I'd hate to fork out all that cash again and only get a weeks use out of them I do get free balancing at discount though now that I paid.
in that case, you ought to just get a swap from Bob at $60/wheel

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
SDTitan1 said:
in that case, you ought to just get a swap from Bob at $60/wheel
Will he remount them for free?

I wonder what discount will say when my tires have no weights on them and I want them rebalanced lol? Can I take the weights off and put them on the new rims or something to fool them? heh

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got my rims put on that Bob had done for me in glossy black. He was such a great guy to work with and all i literally did was call him and tell him which truck and rims i had...and what color. I then met him at his shop to drop off payment of $350 and then went a few block away to Phillips Tires (his connection for install) and had them put on. $350 included EVERYTHING...the rims, swapping them and mounting/balance. They came out great...can't even tell you how happy i am !!! Highly reccomended

·
Registered
20 Posts
oh , and the centercaps werent included in powdercoating....so i just quickly spray painted them gloss black to match...easy fix

cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts