Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished with the second hand wash and wax of the new Titan and I have to tell you, there is nothing finer then a new Black Shinny Truck that just glistens in the sun. :D

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
A "shinny" truck? Did you bang your lower leg into it or something? :lol: Just kidding. I have to agree. A nice SHINY truck is sweet! Black is beautiful man! Let the lesser colors taunt and whine about the effort. It's worth it to outclass them! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
43,122 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
A "shinny" truck? Did you bang your lower leg into it or something? :lol: Just kidding. I have to agree. A nice SHINY truck is sweet! Black is beautiful man! Let the lesser colors taunt and whine about the effort. It's worth it to outclass them! :thumbsup:
I agree! 2 of my last 3 trucks were black!
I just had to go with something different for a change and I think that the majestic blue is just as sweet all cleaned up!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have the silver and no matter how much you polish and wax that brilliant shine is never there like the black but then again that nice shine only lasts for about an hour lol.

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
You need schooling then. That shine can be there for weeks. I'm proof. It's all in what you use....

·
Premium Member
43,122 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
You need schooling then. That shine can be there for weeks. I'm proof. It's all in what you use....
We don't want to hear about your "special" polish!!!!

just kidding............
I need to learn about that stuff too!

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
awww yes that freshly waxed shiny as heck black polished glistneing truck...
i love it ...my sig pic is of a freshly waxed titan..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ditto gadget... I've owned a few black trucks but Majestic Blue was a nice change this time around. No doubt though, a shiny black truck is a thing of beauty :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
gabriel c. said:
so what do you use. mine fills with dust hours after i wash it.
Certain times of the year it's unavoidable. When the trees are schitting, nothing you can do. What I like, though, is when you start driving and it all just blows right off. Pretty cool.

I clean with Meguiars cleaner, then top it off with Meguiars #7 polish. It deepens the shine. Then a coat of wax, not a heavy coat. I currently use Liquid Gold but I also like Mother's. Feels like glass for a few weeks. Once in a while, Meguiars Quik Detailer between washes really gleans it up.

The trick to a good polish is the buffer as well. Always use the buffer to apply, and then hand rub to remove the cleaners. Other way around for waxes. Hand apply and machine buff. Big difference.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Buffers are not for me, I hate the look of what they do to the paint, swirls,scratches. I hand wash and hand wax my stuff these days. In the end you cant beat the personal satisfaction you get when you're all finished and staring at it. I am using Meguiar's # 7 polish and I follow it up with the # 26 Hi Tech yellow wax, smells like bananas.

I just came in about 10 minutes ago from spiffin up the tires with that " No Touch " tire care junk. I use a rag to apply it though, I don't want that crap all over the paint. Looks so good now that my wife wants me to do her car this weekend. Never the less I will be rackin up the sweetie points if I do it. :doublekis

·
Registered
108 Posts
We need pictures! Maybe I'll get my Majestic waxed one day and get you guys a picture of a "plain jane" XE up here.
:D

·
Registered
224 Posts
I envy you guys who can keep your trucks looking clean. Where I live the framers drive so much equipment on the roads you might as well just call them dirt roads. There is no chance you’ll keep a nice shinny black truck clean where I live, that is unless you don’t drive it. Silver was the only way to go for me, besides it is the fastest color LOL.

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
thclimer said:
I envy you guys who can keep your trucks looking clean. Where I live the framers drive so much equipment on the roads you might as well just call them dirt roads. There is no chance you’ll keep a nice shinny black truck clean where I live, that is unless you don’t drive it. Silver was the only way to go for me, besides it is the fastest color LOL.
It's all an illusion, my friend. Don't be sucked in by the rhetoric. Come over to the Dark Side. It's your only hope.... obiwan.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts