Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got done spraying the final coat of bedliner on the stock 5 spokes.. I LOVE IT :redblob" I should be mounting my 35" Nitto Muds on there next week and then I'll take some pics of them installed.

I spent a total of $50 and this is one of my favorite mods for the least amount of money

If you are in Southern California and you want this done send me a PM and we will get you set up :)

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Wow those look really good! And yeah, what kinda prep you do?

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Reactions: BBtruck

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Looks good bro!

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
That's really popular with the frinty and Xterra crowd. They call it "stealthing"... LOL!

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's really popular with the frinty and Xterra crowd. They call it "stealthing"... LOL!
I got the idea from you lol

no they are a flat black color, imagine the color of freshly sprayed in bedliner. I took that picture right after I sprayed them and in really bright light so they look smoke colored.

Prep work:
power sanded with 80 grit and a palm sander.
got the tight spaces with a separate sheet of 80 grit
cleaned with Lacquer Thinner
sprayed tack coat
then four more coats on top
waited for them to dry
sprayed single coat on the inside of the rim
done :)

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Prep work:
power sanded with 80 grit and a palm sander.
got the tight spaces with a separate sheet of 80 grit
cleaned with Lacquer Thinner
sprayed tack coat
then four more coats on top
waited for them to dry
sprayed single coat on the inside of the rim
done :)
sorry, what's a tack coat? :teethmast
and how long in between coats did you wait?

i love how it looks, never heard of someone spraying it w/ that truck bed coating stuff. badazz.. where did you get it btw?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry, what's a tack coat? :teethmast
and how long in between coats did you wait?

i love how it looks, never heard of someone spraying it w/ that truck bed coating stuff. badazz.. where did you get it btw?
a coat you put on so that the rest of the paint has something to stick to. I got it at AutoZone. I bought 5 cans, one for each rim and then one for touch up just in case the very careful workers should happen to drop one or scratch it.. :ftard:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright cool I was just thinking maybe a picture didn't load. Ya post a picture because i will be doing my wheels and bumper soon and am torn between paint or a bedline type of deal.
from my experience the bedliner went on way easier then the paint did you don't have to be as careful you can just spray away and be done. it looks amazing I can't tell you how happy I am with it

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
btw it doesn't have a super rough finish either it is surprisingly smooth but looks super tough.. this is the best and easiest mod I have done I think it will really make my truck stand out

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
What bed liner did you use? Duplicolor?

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's the same exact can I bought to do mine last week. Mine are still mounted, so I'll be taping everything off and doing them off the truck, mounted to the tires. I can't wait to see the on truck pics.

1 - 20 of 271 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.