Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
92,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on the WhoreTour '09 so it was a bit tough to get time to post up pics and stuff... But I'm home now so for all those wondering what the infamous Mystery Mod was that was unveiled at OT, here it is:

Can anyone see a difference between these photos?

That's right... I had tech12volts install the '08 LIGHTED STEERING WHEEL AUDIO/CRUISE CONTROL SWITCHES in my '06 Titan. And just to preempt any requests for a "how-to" on this, trust me, it's NOT plug-n-play. Tech can attest to this. I have to say though, the knowledge he has of Nissan wiring and electronics in general is just amazing. I watched silently (which was exceptionally difficult for me :lol: ) as he unplugged connector after connector, tested, ran outside to think, came back, tested some more, ran wires, tested, thought, tested... It was like watching an evil scientist try to cook up a plot to take over the world! :lol:

Anyway, here are some more pics:

Testing connections:

The old '06 audio control on the left and the new '08 lighted audio control installed:

The old '06 cruise control on the right and the new '08 lighted cruise control installed:

A final note: Everything worked perfectly with absolutely no glitches or hiccups afterwards. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, beats a top notch professional installation. Thanks Tech! For everything!

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
i got the first hand experience!!!!! :) awesome mod! only 06 in the world with lighted steering wheel controls! "idhitit2:

·
Super Moderator
159,753 Posts
Awesome mod, BB. Really slick looking. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
92,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Best part is, it's not really something that was necessary.... but a mod is a mod... and this one is SUPER COOL, IMO! :D

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
whore thread again??????? :)

·
Premium Member
92,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a cool mod, I'm guessing there won't be many people with this one. :jester:
So far, AFAIK, my truck is the only one with this option.... At least the only one that's not an '08 or newer!

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
your kidding me right?!!!
I already heve that mod in mine.........oops I have a 08
looks good BB and welcome to the 08 side of the house
its a nice mod to have, dont have to feel for the switches anymore when I had the 06, now just glance down and see=

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Damn! Did you notice any gains after the dyno?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Did it throw of your air fuel ratio?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
When he says this is not plug and play he is not kidding. there are no wires in the 06 harness for lights. and yes its wires and they work off the dimmer. it took a little thinking and some wire probing and it would have been nice to have an 08 next to me to look at but i figured it out in about 30 minutes. i honestly did not think i could make it work when i first looked at it.

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
It is all awesome, man. Consider me Green with envy!!

·
Super Moderator
36,651 Posts
Very cool mod .. I want one!!!

·
Premium Member
73,494 Posts
When he says this is not plug and play he is not kidding. there are no wires in the 06 harness for lights. and yes its wires and they work off the dimmer. it took a little thinking and some wire probing and it would have been nice to have an 08 next to me to look at but i figured it out in about 30 minutes. i honestly did not think i could make it work when i first looked at it.
are you putting an install kit together :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
:jester:So, do you need an Uprev tune with that mode?

·
Premium Member
92,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 48 Posts