Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have Maroon titan, and I am looking to tint the head lights and black out the tail lights...what is the best way to do this? I've gotten a few differant suggestions from just using the spray to buying the already tinted lights...Anyone have any suggestions?"idhitit2:

·
Registered
984 Posts

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
For the do it yourself, and cheapest...pick up a can of VHT for $11, and the prep supplies for about $20, and schedule a day to do it.

Otherwise, buy aftermarket tails with tint already on, have your stockers tinted for a high price, or buy the AVS covers.

Auto Ventshade 33642 - Auto Ventshade Tail Shades Taillight Covers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Goodluck.
^^^What he said. :D

I think most people have been using VHT, then paying to get them wet-sanded & shiny. I've considered it, as I'm just rocking black altezza's right now. …still undecided I guess, lol.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have Maroon titan, and I am looking to tint the head lights and black out the tail lights...what is the best way to do this? I've gotten a few differant suggestions from just using the spray to buying the already tinted lights...Anyone have any suggestions?"idhitit2:
hey i got the same color truck and wanted to do the same thing with the lights when u do post pics please if u dont mind

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pull out your head and tail lights.....scuff lightly with 3M, tape off the back and any section you dont want tinted like to reverse rectangle, take them to a locally owned body shop, give em 75 bucks and tell them next time you paint a car, use the remainder clearcoat and mix a little black (you can also get creative and ask to mix in Maroon) paint in there and shoot them please. Easy, simple and quick.....people charge alot to do them because we dont understand what is involved, which is very little. Takes less than 30 seconds to mix the paint, and 1 to 2 minutes to shoot them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought black aftermarket tail lights that are smoky for like 60$ shipped. Takes about 5 minutes to put in, and it only took me 5 minutes because I have no idea what Im doing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i would recommend buying some already tinted if you can or buy a spare set and tint those...i know in california its illegal to tint them and i did the vht spray on my old frontier and got pulled over and it was a pain in the butt to take it off. if it is illegal where you are and you get a ticket you can just switch out the lights. easiest way imo

·
Registered
370 Posts
You need to watch out for the cops if you spray them, too dark and they will tell you to remove it. You almost have to spray a light mist. Leave the reverse lights alone. they get funny with that also, and you can't see! I would get the custom tinted rears, they are prety nice and legal!

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts