Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to bleed em and loosen up the bleed nipples, snapped. Yup, clean snap. Tried on the front right did same thing. Didnt even use that much force. So i wont be bleeding them anytime soon. Need to get an easy out. Am i the only one whos done this?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
My truck is an 08 and lol never did a brake flush. When I installed my lift they came with the extended brake lines so I had to learn how to do this. Did you use a flare wrench because that's what I heard on the bleeders is because they are a very soft metal and a flare wrench will grab the bleeder valve on 5 points I think. When i started to turn it i felt it was going to snap but with enough torque they came off real easily. Just the initial turn was tight. I think thats why using a flare wrench helps. Also I sprayed some WD40 on and let it sit for a few minutes so that might've helped. Did all four with no issues. Are you gonna use an extractor to pull those out?

·
Registered
511 Posts
A couple of tips: if you are backing off a bleeder for the first time...especially if you aren't the orig owner, use a 6 point socket to start it. Then you can use your flare tubing wrench. I always remove the buggers first thing when I get a vehicle and coat the threads with copper based anti seize. Eliminates the problem down the road.

Careful with the easy out....you don't want to drill down to the seat and ruin the caliper. If you don't drill down far enough, you may just bugger the thing up and it will still be in the hole.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My truck is an 08 and lol never did a brake flush. When I installed my lift they came with the extended brake lines so I had to learn how to do this. Did you use a flare wrench because that's what I heard on the bleeders is because they are a very soft metal and a flare wrench will grab the bleeder valve on 5 points I think. When i started to turn it i felt it was going to snap but with enough torque they came off real easily. Just the initial turn was tight. I think thats why using a flare wrench helps. Also I sprayed some WD40 on and let it sit for a few minutes so that might've helped. Did all four with no issues. Are you gonna use an extractor to pull those out?
Just the fronts broke. I will use an extractor to get them out. I used a 10mm socket like i do on all other vehicles. My brakes are very squishy.

·
Registered
583 Posts
When I first bought my truck I went to bleed the brakes and found 2 bleeders had been snapped and forgotten about. Easy out worked on 1 and the other snapped my easy out! Ended up having to buy a whole new caliper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I first bought my truck I went to bleed the brakes and found 2 bleeders had been snapped and forgotten about. Easy out worked on 1 and the other snapped my easy out! Ended up having to buy a whole new caliper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good time for a caliper upgrade

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
i was thinking extracting those out would be a beeotch being they're so small. let us know the outcome...having to order new calipers would suck as that's just more money spent on $hit you don't need

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was thinking extracting those out would be a beeotch being they're so small. let us know the outcome...having to order new calipers would suck as that's just more money spent on $hit you don't need
For real. I dont want to spend on brakes. But i work on Aircraft and can get some tools. But ill update on progress

·
Registered
317 Posts
This happened on my Harley. Previous owner wrenched them down hard.

I took off the caliper and went to a machine shop. I paid $20 and had them remove it. I'm fine doing most things myself, but it was such a small threaded area I'd rather have a guy with experience try it.

I replaced with speed bleeders. They'll make your job easier and probably be cheaper than OEM.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Snapped mine off as well, you guys don't need them to bleed the brakes. You will need a line wrench though, back off the brake line slightly that goes into the caliper, you will need a friend to pump the brakes while you do this. The same process as the bleeder, just using the brake line instead. Works great, PM me if you have questions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts