Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone installed the Blinglights fog lights from ebay??? If so, please let me know how they went and if there were any problems installing.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just bought a pair from them and received today.seems to be easy enough from the instructions but the disassembling off the steering to get the hot wire running from the parking lights seems tough.Even though there's post on how to do it i'm alittle timid on that.But i'm going to go thru with it this weekend and i will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
289 Posts
By the way,does anyone know the correct way to pop out the plastic cover and housing from the bumper to install fog lights?,without tearing them?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes I have one of the bling lights installed in my truck. Install was a little tricky since there is almost no room for the wires to go through the firewall. I was able to find a small hole with a rubber grommet on it pop it out and it was easy from there on. One thing about the bling lights is that the wiring that comes with it is to short. Had to buy some wires and shrink wrap at radio shack I already have the solder iron so that help a lot. It took me almost the whole day to do it I made sure that the wires didn't show. If you look under my hood unless you know what to look for you will never know it's there. Had to snake the wire carefully so it won't touch anything.

Once the wires are all done there was the matter of aiming the lights. That was a PITA spent to much time on this more than I would like. Eventually I was able to finish the damn install after much determination.

Unfortunately, I don't have pics of the install to show you guys what I did. Just be ready for the little details that is involve in the install. Other than that it's should be straight forward DIY job for the weekend.

The question regarding the cover you have to look under and behind the bumper. You will see a small plastic clip or hook I don't know how else to describe it. Just push it out of the lock position and push the cover upward. Now you have to put some force on it otherwise it won't get loose. It should pop out easily after that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
glennp_1999 said:
Yes I have one of the bling lights installed in my truck. Install was a little tricky since there is almost no room for the wires to go through the firewall. I was able to find a small hole with a rubber grommet on it pop it out and it was easy from there on. One thing about the bling lights is that the wiring that comes with it is to short. Had to buy some wires and shrink wrap at radio shack I already have the solder iron so that help a lot. It took me almost the whole day to do it I made sure that the wires didn't show. If you look under my hood unless you know what to look for you will never know it's there. Had to snake the wire carefully so it won't touch anything.

Once the wires are all done there was the matter of aiming the lights. That was a PITA spent to much time on this more than I would like. Eventually I was able to finish the damn install after much determination.

Unfortunately, I don't have pics of the install to show you guys what I did. Just be ready for the little details that is involve in the install. Other than that it's should be straight forward DIY job for the weekend.

The question regarding the cover you have to look under and behind the bumper. You will see a small plastic clip or hook I don't know how else to describe it. Just push it out of the lock position and push the cover upward. Now you have to put some force on it otherwise it won't get loose. It should pop out easily after that.

Thanks for all the info. I was wondering where you ran the wire through the firewall. I heard some people pull it through the hole where the hood release is. Will this affect anything? glennp how and what did you fasten the wire to? Where did you put the switch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TAFOYA'STITAN said:
how much do they cost?

I've seen them go anywhere from 50-70 dollars.

·
Registered
96 Posts
jumbojeff said:
Thanks for all the info. I was wondering where you ran the wire through the firewall. I heard some people pull it through the hole where the hood release is. Will this affect anything? glennp how and what did you fasten the wire to? Where did you put the switch?

The way I did it won't affect anything it's not touching any other wires or any moving mechanism. I ran the wire close to the hood release lever you should see a round rubber grommet close to that area. Just pop it out and then use a coat hanger stretch it out, tape the wires that you will be threading in the hole at the end of the coat wire. Just ease the coat hanger in the hole until you can see it pop out in the engine bay near the brake cylinder. When you see it just pull it out gently so not to damage the wires. I bought some wire cover and plastic fasteners at Radio Shack. The sticky tape was not strong enough to hold the wires I had to use cement glue to keep it in place. I ran the wires along the engine bay along the right side to the front where the battery is at. I threaded the wires down the front and below to where the fog light is suppose to go. I had to remove the skid plate underneath the engine bay so I can ran the wires to the left side. I only did this to hide the wires from view and that the wires won't sag down the front end. By looking at the install you would think it was all original. The on/off switch I place at the center console near the tow switch.

A lot of measuring, wire cutting and wire stripping, soldering and shrink wrapping. You have to have a lot of patience in installing this kit. Very time consuming I started my day early but found out that I needed all the other stuff. So by the time I got started it was almost noon. Finished it around 5-6pm I was a bit more careful in hiding the wires that's why it took so long. Then like I said the aiming of the lights was a PITA the right side was a breeze. The left side was really giving me a hard time don't know why it got so difficult.

·
Registered
795 Posts
baseballfanz said:
I have Hella Optilux which is very similar to the one Bling Lights sell.
How bright is your halo ring?

Mine are so dang dim its not even worth it. I need to pick up a new set cuz one of mine was hit by a rock but I'm concerned that the nex set will be even worse.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
dragonhead08 said:
How bright is your halo ring?

Mine are so dang dim its not even worth it. I need to pick up a new set cuz one of mine was hit by a rock but I'm concerned that the nex set will be even worse.
It's pretty bright, that picture was taken in the evening when it was still light out.

·
Registered
795 Posts
What did power source did you tap into? I taped into the side turn markers.
Thanks for the info BTW

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
dragonhead08 said:
What did power source did you tap into? I taped into the side turn markers.
Thanks for the info BTW
I replace the factory fog lights with these so I use the factory wiring. I just had to use two relays to make it work the way I want it. When the parking light come on the halo come on, when I switch the OEM fog light switch ON the halo goes off and the fogs come on.

·
Registered
795 Posts
thanks, I'll try parking lights on my next set

·
Registered
220 Posts
has anyone installed these with HID Headlights??? I have 8000K HIDs and would like to kow how they look. Factory yellowish fogs look horible w/ the HIDs!!! do these match??
PICS???

·
Registered
98 Posts
baseballfanz said:
I replace the factory fog lights with these so I use the factory wiring. I just had to use two relays to make it work the way I want it. When the parking light come on the halo come on, when I switch the OEM fog light switch ON the halo goes off and the fogs come on.

Do you have any pics of the front of your truck in the day and at night with the lights on?

I love this idea.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I installed the bling lights yesterday with help from the forum.Gixxer gave me the tip on mounting the lights in the plastic covers from the bumpers.It works just have to tweek the direction of em.The thing that i liked was they came with switch that i mounted to my kick panel.I ran the remote wire that came with the lights to my remote wire to my amp.The lights won't come on until i hit the on button from the switch and i did not have to go in my fuse box,bulb stalk or anything.The wire that came with my lights is plenty long enough and the multy colored LED is really good.I recommend these lights to anyone

·
Registered
220 Posts
PJLAVELL said:
I installed the bling lights yesterday with help from the forum.Gixxer gave me the tip on mounting the lights in the plastic covers from the bumpers.It works just have to tweek the direction of em.The thing that i liked was they came with switch that i mounted to my kick panel.I ran the remote wire that came with the lights to my remote wire to my amp.The lights won't come on until i hit the on button from the switch and i did not have to go in my fuse box,bulb stalk or anything.The wire that came with my lights is plenty long enough and the multy colored LED is really good.I recommend these lights to anyone
ANY PICS?????

1 - 20 of 22 Posts