Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Many thanks to the community as I have found many answers here but only just registered today...

Short Version: I removed my passenger seat and don't plan on immediately putting it back in. The dash airbag light is blinking, not surprisingly. I tried the reset procedure by smoketitan here without success, but I get the idea that is meant for clearing a faulty/erroneous warning, not what I've done.

Is it possible to stop the blinking without reinstalling the passenger seat? The seat had three wire harnesses (not sure how many wires total) that I disconnected after removing the battery and waiting for about 10 minutes. The other big bundle of wires is still plugged into that mystery box under the seat.

"Why" Version: Last year I rented a motorhome and drove from Texas to Florida, staying on Sanibel Island and then Fort Wilderness at Disney World. I'd like to do it again, but I don't want to rent and am not ready to buy. To keep my 4 year old from developing contagious insanity, I am trying to make my truck as much like an RV as possible, including curtains (really), a backup camera (didn't realize I needed this until I installed the curtains), a porta-potty because there are a few stretches of nothing along the way, a computer with 27" monitor and thousands of shows (only dozens of movies), oh, and a plumbed sink powered by an old FlowJet I used for a coffee machine. The computer and sink in particular made removal of the passenger seat an attractive option as I am building a console that will bolt in where the seat was. It's crazy, probably unnecessary, definitely fun.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated, Thank you!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
I would think there's no way to stop the blinking light . There's a sensor that is linked to the passenger air bag as well.

So the air bag light will remain flashing if the seat doesn't read that the system is connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks KappaSutra--

You're probably right, but I'm still holding out hope. I read this post about somebody that installed "racing seats" in their 370Z and had a similar problem. They resolved them by effectively "shorting" 2 of the sensor wires with 4.7 ohm resistors. Problem is in my case I have three sets of wires (highlighter yellow/green connector with 2 wires, white connector with 2 wires, and in between a second white connector with at least 4 wires, hard to tell).

I guess if I can't stop the blinking, I'd like to make sure that (a) the other airbags will still function when they need to and (b) they won't "function" sooner than they need to.

I'll keep searching. Maybe I'll come across somebody who's specialty is replacing passenger seats with combo lavatory/media center consoles :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts