Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here actually installed a block heater on their truck? I have one ordered for my Armada and was hoping for some hints/instructions from others who have done it.

Yes I have searched and it doesn't appear that many have done this.

thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to bring this up again because there is no info about someone doing the actual install

I finally got my heater and cord from the dealer. I believe I found the plug to pull out behind the alternator. It is located on the passenger side and only accessible from underneath or maybe pull the wheel well liner.

I am wondering for people who have done this, is it a 12mm hex socket? Did you pull the liner or just remove skid plates and come up from the bottom?

When I do this I will get pics for others.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Baseballfanz. There have been so many canadians who have bought titans and armadas in the last 2 years that I thought someone must have actually done it themselves by now.

Anyways, pics to come. I now have a 12mm hex socket which is what I think you need to get that plug out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i just bought my block heater today, there is a frost plug right by the starter motor, you have to drain the coolant, from the block and the rad, pull the frost plug, install the heater make sure you have the washer/gasket that comes with it on. tighten it in, take the proper steps to refill your cooling system and off you go

·
Registered
31 Posts
i got mine from a place called "part stop", near where i live, but i assume any nissan dealer should be able to get one in for you, worst case you can always get a magnetic oil pan heater, not quite the same but does a failry good job form what i'm told

1 - 10 of 10 Posts