Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 SE CC. This morning it was -25*F and I let the vehicle warm up for 15 minutes, auto start, and when I went out the blower/heater didn't work. I turned everything on high before I went in last night. So now I put it indoors and after about 2 hours from being in a heated shop it now works. Any ideas or something that would have caused it? I did try switching from defrost to vents to mixed and such. Turned it off and on multiple times, but No blower or heat of any kind. made it tough driving it to my workplace's heated garage with no defrost and such. I did have it plugged in last night as well. Could a relay freeze or anything?? just curious if this could be a future problem or a one time thing? my wife's car was in the garage so the poor titan gets to sit outside in the snow.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
was it blowing air at all? This is a first I've heard..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't blow anything out. I called nissan and he said that the blower box can sometimes get condensation in it and maybe freeze, and the same thing possibly with the relay or something, with such cold temps. the blower freezing sounds kind of fishy to me. We did just have a snowstorm and everything up front was pretty packed full of snow, from 4X4ing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good old North Dakota for you. We had -50*F windchills. When I first got the truck in january, I didn't have a block heater in it, and straight temperature was -42*F. Started like a champ, but I don't ever want to do that again. Block heater was installed the next week.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I didn't have a block heater in it, and straight temperature was -42*F. Started like a champ, but I don't ever want to do that again. Block heater was installed the next week.
Where did you get your block heater and what kind is it? Is it a Nissan block heater and who installed it? I want to put one on my '09 CC, SE. I am your neighbor over in Montana and it gets cold here as well

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just had my local mechanic put one in. I just called him and he said it is a Phillips brand . It think it only cost me $125 installed. We were going to do an oil pan heater, but the way the oil pan is shaped he didn't think it would do much. And to go with the smaller oil pan heater wouldn't put out enough. Now I start it for 5 minutes and the temperature is in the normal range on a -10 to -15 day. beats the heck out of idleing for 15-20 minustes for warm air.

·
Premium Member
44,077 Posts
If it was -25 my woman wouldn't blow me either!

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Glad it doesnt get THAT cold down here in CO..actually next week we'll be back in the 70s again :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this morning it was only -8*F, and it did it again. I messed around with it for five minutes or so, then went in and called nissan. He was kind of clueless, and said go back out and tap on the blower box. I go out there and the darn thing is working. Any ideas?? I hate to drive the 1.5 hours to the dealership because I know it will be working there. once was interesting, twice starts bothering me, especially if I am ice fishing and have no blower when we leave!! Once it works it works like it should. :huh:

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Is this a truck with climate control?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts