Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06' Titan and noticed a burning smell when the a/c was running while the truck was idle. This has been going on for about 2 weeks and can't find anything anywhere. The i noticed the outside temp guage went blank and the back up sensors quit beeping and then i noticed the reverse lights quit and the rt turn signal quit and i found a fuse blown and put in a new one and it immediately blew when i put the blinker on...the hazard lights dont work.. does anyone have any idea on where to start or what to look for. I dont want to take it to a dealer with electrical problems if i dont have to.. thanks:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
i found a fuse blown and put in a new one and it immediately blew when i put the blinker on...
Can you identify what fuse(s)? Sounds like you may have a short(s) in the Main Harness, Room Lamp Harness, and/or Body Harness.

Do you have any electrical non-factory parts installed on the vehicle? Alarms? Audio? Video? Anything that may have contributed to a short circuit? Water leaks?

·
Registered
107 Posts
You have a short somewhere in your elecrical system whether it is a short to ground electricity needs a source a load andd a ground... when there is no load its causes a short. What I would do is do some wire chasing removing disonects throughout the t and using resistance metering to ground. Make sure its a good ground a good wire will read OL a bad one may read 0.00 or have low resistance u can narrow it down by breaking the harness down into sections through various disconects.. once u find it u can either splice it together or solder and heat shrink.. good luck and be patient I do this on a daily basis only on a jet aircraft..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts