Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading a few posts I ended up buying the suggested LEDs and replacing the orange with blue.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
160,635 Posts
Man those look good. Hats off to those of you with the skills to do that mod. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Looks good! Wheres the how-to write up!!?? I remember someone did this before but never did a write up.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Dang that looks good!!

If you get bored, wanna stop by my house? I will buy all the beer you can drink or want while soldering those LED's for me!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vipzach said:
Dang that looks good!!

If you get bored, wanna stop by my house? I will buy all the beer you can drink or want while soldering those LED's for me!!
Im trying to come up with a write up as we speak, I knew that question was coming. I tried to take pics as I swapped them out, but sometimes I got ahead of myself and would forget to take pictures.

I work in the electronic field and have some experience with soldering, but this was done in pretty much one night. I am really happy with the results, including the odometer being blue also.

thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have been wanting to do this since the day i got my truck. I just never have seen it done.. On a scale from 1-10 how hard was it, and where did you get the leds to do it. this is up next on the board after my long travel gets done.

·
Registered
367 Posts
that is some clean **** man! Wish I could do it!

·
Registered
176 Posts
roy365 post some pics of your el glow gauges. I tore my dash apart tonight since im not driving my truck right now, Everything else it ripped off of it for the L.T. so im not sure what to do.... Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Yeah can we have some more pics of that set-up?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
daylower said:
monster did you change the compass/thermometer leds also?

No I havnt taken that one apart yet. I will look at it tomorrow and see what it will take. hopefully it takes the same LEDs. I will re post when I find out something about it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nice! Maybe one trip down you can drive it instead of flying and we can go get it dirty. I'll overnight you my dash you so can do the soldering for me. lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
06titancrewse said:
What led's need to be purchased to do this and where did u get them.

I posted these earlier, but must have been lost in the server reset.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
daylower said:
monster did you change the compass/thermometer leds also?

I just pulled the compass/thermometer apart and it is not made like the other LEDs. I really dont see any to replace, it looks like it is all one piece.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts