Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 nissan titan v8. Right after I start the engine I notice a burst of blue smoke from the tailpipe. While driving there is no blue smoke present. I replaced both pcv valves 2 days ago and it still presents blue smoke from the tailpipe after starting the engine. How long does or will it take for the blue smoke to be gone ? If it doesn't go away what are the other options to to to resolve this issue ?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
If you're still having smoke after replacing the PCV valves, you should consider replacing the valve covers. The internal baffles get clogged just like the PCV valves, and it causes this smoke issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're still having smoke after replacing the PCV valves, you should consider replacing the valve covers. The internal baffles get clogged just like the PCV valves, and it causes this smoke issue.
Are the valve covers hard to replace and what is the cost for each of them around .. ?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Haven't done mine, but it's not rocket science. Search the forum, as I've posted the service manual pages recently on it, but I'm not at my computer to repost them right now. Get the right tools, and take your time. Take pics and label all the hoses you disconnect, and their respective mount points. Masking tape and a sharpie works. Just number them as you go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't done mine, but it's not rocket science. Search the forum, as I've posted the service manual pages recently on it, but I'm not at my computer to repost them right now. Get the right tools, and take your time. Take pics and label all the hoses you disconnect, and their respective mount points. Masking tape and a sharpie works. Just number them as you go.
Thank you for your getting back to me. I appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts