Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have clear turn signal bulbs right now but I was wondering if anyone knows of a blueish signal bulb u can buy? Maybe something like a xenon bulb?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Advocate07 said:
I have clear turn signal bulbs right now but I was wondering if anyone knows of a blueish signal bulb u can buy? Maybe something like a xenon bulb?
If you must, just paint the bulb whatever color you want.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Heads up Advo, blue turn signals are illegal in AZ.

·
Registered
589 Posts
As others have said those are illegal in most states if not all. My friends dad is a cop here in Las Vegas and he was telling me he is legally allowed to smash out lights like that on site, not sure if he is right on that but he is the cop not me lol.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just FYI everyone I got a pair at checker auto.. The bulb is a pure white projecting bulb, but has a blue tint.. Matches my headlights and brights putting the blue reflection in my headlights, looks good. Was $3 if anyone wants to spare a litlte lunch money and get rid of that ugly orange reflection just hit up your checker auto!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Advocate07 said:
Just FYI everyone I got a pair at checker auto.. The bulb is a pure white projecting bulb, but has a blue tint.. Matches my headlights and brights putting the blue reflection in my headlights, looks good. Was $3 if anyone wants to spare a litlte lunch money and get rid of that ugly orange reflection just hit up your checker auto!
It's worth noting that just because you bought it at the local store doesn't mean that it's legal for street use. There are some exceptions, one of which I know is exhaust systems (at least in California). They're obligated by law to sell you something that is compliant with emissions laws with a few exceptions.

The only way to be safe is to read your state's vehicle code. Some of the "gray area" modifications are best left alone, because your local law enforcement may not be familiar with the exemptions as in my case, I was cited for a modified exhaust system "to increase noise" (turns out the CA Vehicle Code does not explicitly ban modification of exhaust systems, and noise ordinances don't apply to vehicles whose GVWR is over 6000 pounds).

Long story short (end ramble): check your state's vehicle code.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow why would you want to rice out your truck with blue lights? I see lots of Honda rice cars around here with those and they look retarded. Almost as retarded as those lights on the washer fluid thingies but not quite.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
who cares if theyre legal or not. theyre bulbs not some emissions parts that are a must, and even then as long as you know someone that owns or works at a shop and will pass your truck. cops are cool as long as you act and drive proper and dont act a fool. even if they ticket you just replace back the oem bulb and take the ticket to court and get it dismissed. simple.:)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some of you guys don't listen very well... The bulb PROJECTS out white, no different than a regular bulb and nothing ricy about it... It just puts a blue REFLETION in the headlight casing that matches that of my headlights and brights due to the bulb color... It looks better than you're 'retarded' orange reflection by the way. If someone wants to do it cool, if not who cares?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Advocate07 said:
Some of you guys don't listen very well... The bulb PROJECTS out white, no different than a regular bulb and nothing ricy about it... It just puts a blue REFLETION in the headlight casing that matches that of my headlights and brights due to the bulb color... It looks better than you're 'retarded' orange reflection by the way. If someone wants to do it cool, if not who cares?
i think u meant they cant read very well "chief" in no part of this thread did i hear anybody speaking. :jester:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Advocate07 said:
Yeah whatever. The thing is that it doesn't matter. If it doesn't look stock, and your state's vehicle code says SOMETHING about headlights, then you might get ticketed. Just be weary!

·
Registered
691 Posts
just follow the law and stop being a criminal... not a felony but you would be no different as a petty shop lifter or a person who urinates on public statues

i have HID that give off a slight blue reflection as well

but that is not against the law

BLUE lights are

blue as in a cop or an ambulance

same with red

the only red we can use is in the rear of our vehicle

·
Registered
848 Posts
Rick Guess said:
just follow the law and stop being a criminal... not a felony but you would be no different as a petty shop lifter or a person who urinates on public statues

BLUE lights are

same with red

haha ok captain america.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rick Guess said:

BLUE lights are

same with red

Wtf are you talking about? I never said the lights shined blue.. The bulb is blue but the light is white, there's nothing illegal about the white light, I talked to my buddy in the gym today who's an officer just because you guys actually give such a sh|t...

vegastitan21 said:
i think u meant they cant read very well "chief" in no part of this thread did i hear anybody speaking.
shut up sucka ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts