Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dunno: My dad and I are in a fight about wich car is better bmw or lexus. What do you all think just say bmw or lexus so I can add them all up and see who the winner is.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wvu_1 said:
:dunno: My dad and I are in a fight about wich car is better bmw or lexus. What do you all think just say bmw or lexus so I can add them all up and see who the winner is.
Infini:dunno:

I would say Lexus is a better luxo car

BMW is a sportier car

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Wvu_1 said:
It depends on your definition of "better". If you talk about handling road manners, the BMW is "better". Lexus has the better reliability record and better customer satisfaction numbers. Want smooth, quiet and comfy?...drive a Lexus. Want excellent handling?...go for the Bimmer. Lookwise? well that's a personal preference. I've driven many of both and, for the money, would have to go with the Lexus over a BMW because I'm 44 now and look for more comfort than handling.

·
Registered
300 Posts
BMW....but I am slighty basis. My wife just got a 745 li about a month ago and it has got to be the best riding car that I've been. All of the other options are nice but the ride is by far what sets BMW's apart. It handles more like a sport lux car than a lux sedan but has great room inside.

By the way...if you just want BMW or Lexus answers you should probaly open up a poll.

·
Registered
457 Posts
ecrawford said:
BMW....but I am slighty basis. My wife just got a 745 li about a month ago and it has got to be the best riding car that I've been. All of the other options are nice but the ride is by far what sets BMW's apart. It handles more like a sport lux car than a lux sedan but has great room inside.

By the way...if you just want BMW or Lexus answers you should probaly open up a poll.
That's luxory! :D

·
Super Moderator
93,863 Posts
BMW for performance!

·
Registered
50 Posts
had an 06 BMW 3 series. loved the handling, etc, but such a choppy ride. had a sport suspension tho. never had a lexus, but would def choose another BMW over a lexus on what i know about BMWs and the overall experience.

·
Registered
679 Posts
My wife's Vietnamese and the overwhelming opinion within her circle is that if you drive a Lexus you do nails for a living.... I think it's crazy but I've heard it time and again from her family and friends.... anyway, my wife has a bmw 330i that is a super hot car (excpet I can't fit in it) and I've never had any experience with Lexus (except having my nails done by someone who drives one).....

My vote is really based off of what I've read in magazine reviews.....

BMW

·
Registered
188 Posts
BMW for me, but like has been said above...depends on your def of "better".
To me performance and handling are a major consideration in the "better" factoy. Lexus has the better reliability record, but really pisses me off that I can't get a manual transmission in the IS cars (namely the IS350) and can't get all wheel drive with the manual or larger engine.

BMW...well...it's the ultimate driving machine

·
Registered
341 Posts
Having had a few bmw's in the family I would say like posted above if you want the most reliable , lexus , if it was for the fun of driving bmw , doubt either has many options the other doesn't but I am sure the lexus rides softer. :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'd go with a Lexus.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
BMW for driving
Lexus for cruisin/comfort/reliability

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Yea BMW for performance and driving, Lexus for reliability and comfort. I drove a couple Lexus models super smooth and quiet, but to quiet for me, you can't even hear the engine in the Lexus. The BMW is much more entertaining to drive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
even tho BMWs dont have a super great reliability record, if you buy/lease new, you get an awesome 4yr/50k mile warranty that covers everything down to oil changes, break pads and windshield wipers. i miss that warranty

1 - 20 of 41 Posts