Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done some heavy duty towing with thier Titan yet? I know the CC (with the towing package) has a 9400 lb towing capacity but I haven't read where anybody has towed anything near that heavy. I'll be hauling around 8000 lb's, with about 600 lbs toungue weight, (boat and tailer) up and down some steep grades pretty often during the summer. I have preveously towed my boat with a F250 HD. I just don't want to beat the crap out of my new Titan on order for April delivery.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you got the tow package I think you'll be fine hunt/fish. Your tongue weight isn't too heavy and your boat has much less drag than pulling a big rolling box behind you. There was an earlier post of someone pulling a large boat that was over 8k lbs with no problems.

Karl

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Don't know the wieght of the boat I towed for my friend here locally twice now...But, they pulled it with an older Chevy 1500 with a 6 cyl and a class III hitch so I wasn't worried...LOL Thier boat is about 22ft and has a Stroker engine in it..a lil go fast type of boat.

Based on what you specified - 8000pds and the Tongue Wieght of 600pds. This easily falls within the Titan specs for towing even based on the 80% rule for safety using the correct hitch materials.

Chris

·
Registered
250 Posts
I believe Trailer Boat magazine recently named Titan the winner of their towing test. There was a thread about it, a search will turn it up . I think they were towing around 7800 pounds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts