Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know body lifts have been discussed endlessly on here I have read most of the threads, but the one thing that has not been discussed on here or at least that I have seen is how much you have to chop up your truck.

I want to body lift but my mechanic thinks that it will involve hacking up my truck alot, and my truck is built very well and is very stout, so I don't want to ruin that.

My concerns are mainly with the radiator relocation as well as the steering shaft extension. Do any other items need to be cut to run a body lift? Any items that are irreversible if I do decide to do it?

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^thanks for your reply man, I appreciate it. Does your spare tire show at all? How about relocating the bumpers and the fuel fill?

Some pics would be awesome man! I would really like to see your truck!

·
Registered
255 Posts
My spare tires on back right now... I never did that step either haha.. The rear bumper was easy just unbolt then put the brackets on then rebolt... My front bumper is a mess.. I broke off the bolts and ended up just welding it on but it has like 1.5" gap... I guess the bolts were lock tited in and I shouldve used a torch... I'm not much a mechanic!! I never did anything with the fuel filler either... Pretty much all I did was put the blocks under the cab and the box... I was concerned about how much weight the box would hold with the new mounts but I had 3000lbs of fish on back yesterday and nothing bent so I was pretty impressed with that.. Ill try and take a few pics tomorrow when its light out.. My truck is a mess, the gf just got hit by a deer 2 days ago and the whole side is all bent in and my rear bumper has a big dent but ill show you some pics tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
dont have issues with mine... truck is in my sig.

like mentioned above... only thing i had to do was modify the inside of the bumper mount slightly to re-locate the tow hooks.

everything else fits nicely.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dpeteland, the truck looks great man, really diggin the way it looks. Chief I'm glad you jumped in here, I know you have had your body lift for a long time. The biggest reason I want to do a body lift is so I can run some 40's. I put 40's on my truck last night and they clear but there is no way I could hit a bump or anything haha.

I noticed you guys don't have your reciever hitches on the trucks anymore, for me that would be a no go because I tow a lot with my truck, so is there anyway you guys know of to get the reciever hitch to be flush without having to put a gap filler block there? Sorry for all the nit picky questions but I really really dont want to ruin the great thing I have going with my truck.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Dpeteland, the truck looks great man, really diggin the way it looks. Chief I'm glad you jumped in here, I know you have had your body lift for a long time. The biggest reason I want to do a body lift is so I can run some 40's. I put 40's on my truck last night and they clear but there is no way I could hit a bump or anything haha.

I noticed you guys don't have your reciever hitches on the trucks anymore, for me that would be a no go because I tow a lot with my truck, so is there anyway you guys know of to get the reciever hitch to be flush without having to put a gap filler block there? Sorry for all the nit picky questions but I really really dont want to ruin the great thing I have going with my truck.

i still got mine but its a specialty one.. i can get a pic for ya... its dropped with a support for the body lift.. so all i need is another with a 6" drop to match a stock truck to tow my jet skis.

there is a gap block kinda ill get a pic for ya as soon as i finish my food haha

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
here it is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks man, i just wish there was a way to get it flush. it looks fine im just picky. haha

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
thanks man, i just wish there was a way to get it flush. it looks fine im just picky. haha

no prob its understandable.. i didnt lift the car... im actually taking the body lift off and making it a full suspension lift.. since im running a stage two Pro-comp lift the guys at my off road shop say i can raise the front to 9" if i wanted... only reason for the body lift is to not have to add another set of blocks in the rear... im just going to anyway... wont do any harm from the 6" its up already... id actually be getting 1" higher on the front that if i had the body lift PLUS the extra ground clearance that would make the truck look siick!

other than that i dont know of another way to do the receiver. we shall see... still have my mind on other things like making the truck sound awesome both inside and out... gotta pick up a sub enclosure from a forum member soon.. been putting it off already even though i paid the guy :teethmast

hope you get what you need and go the way that best suits you!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really appreciate all the help man. If you go full suspension you will be running a set up just like I have and I promise you will be happy with it. I love seeing Titans on 37's haha. I think I know what I need to do to get my truck where I want it. The only thing is I'm looking at getting into a Diesel here pretty soon. We will see how it goes I guess. Thanks for the help again man.

If anyone else has anything they want to throw in that would be awesome too! thanks..

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Really appreciate all the help man. If you go full suspension you will be running a set up just like I have and I promise you will be happy with it. I love seeing Titans on 37's haha. I think I know what I need to do to get my truck where I want it. The only thing is I'm looking at getting into a Diesel here pretty soon. We will see how it goes I guess. Thanks for the help again man.

If anyone else has anything they want to throw in that would be awesome too! thanks..

haha thank you yeah i love it too... i like the lift because it makes the cab ride high and looks really nice plus keeps more of the mass downward... but i can see how some might hate it... it does look a little ugly at the read (through the wheel wells)... i planned to just put sheet metal in there and paint it black for a cleaner look... but im def. going to go up on the suspension... the 37"s are great but they are a tight fit.. hitting a bump a little to fast makes them hit the fenders for a sec.

wait put a diesel into a titan??? Nissan plans to make the 2011 all in house and a diesel with the help of mercedes... and there is a member on ehre doing a diesel swap.

yeah my dad wants to pick up a diesel too.. i would have if not for the cost...

*** but H1 (hmmwv) aka humvee's that are demilitarized are fairly cheap.. with a slight engine overhaul and some tlc they are freaking sweet and worth a pretty penny.... all of which come with either a duramax or cummins engine!!!!!****

1 - 14 of 14 Posts