Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, i have my body lift started, but i cannot get the lower steering shaft separated from the rack. The lift blocks are on and everythind else is pretty much done, but i am trying to put the extension on the steering shaft. i will have pics when everything is done. it hasn't been too bad yet to install, just time consuming. thanks for any info. it is greatly appreciated.

-JerseyTitan

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Dads_taxi said:
I sent you a PM on how I did it.

Good Luck.
looking thru your list of mods -- and I am very interested in your body lift - all the kits I hae seen said they did not fit an 04 XE CC. Who is PR? any info you can supply would be appreciated.
Fd

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
DESERTDOG said:
Le & Se Kits Fit Xe U Have To Modifi The Bumper Brackets Notch Them Just A Bit Thats It!!
that's great thanks! I meant which company is PA? (I put PR:jester: )

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Fox Delta said:
looking thru your list of mods -- and I am very interested in your body lift - all the kits I hae seen said they did not fit an 04 XE CC. Who is PR? any info you can supply would be appreciated.
Fd
Fox Delta,

Performance Accessories does make a kit that fits the XE model. When they first came out with the kit a few years ago, it was to fit all models except the XE. However, over a year ago they updated the kit with the hardware to fit the XE model. So, you may have read some of the older notes on the kit.

There link: http://www.performanceaccessories.com/

I know that there are a lot of folks who think body lifts look bad and are prone to failure. However, as for this kit - it is a well made kit. Last year, I moved across the country while hauling 1,500 lbs in the bed and towing another 5,000 lbs. The weight stayed in the bed for a two week period. After it was unloaded, the hardware and the body spacers were rechecked and inspected. No problems found and none since! Also, this truck sees some moderate off-roading on a regular basis to include hill climbs. I have had no problems with the body mounts or hardware ever.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Dads_taxi said:
Fox Delta,

Performance Accessories does make a kit that fits the XE model. When they first came out with the kit a few years ago, it was to fit all models except the XE. However, over a year ago they updated the kit with the hardware to fit the XE model. So, you may have read some of the older notes on the kit.

There link: http://www.performanceaccessories.com/

I know that there are a lot of folks who think body lifts look bad and are prone to failure. However, as for this kit - it is a well made kit. Last year, I moved across the country while hauling 1,500 lbs in the bed and towing another 5,000 lbs. The weight stayed in the bed for a two week period. After it was unloaded, the hardware and the body spacers were rechecked and inspected. No problems found and none since! Also, this truck sees some moderate off-roading on a regular basis to include hill climbs. I have had no problems with the body mounts or hardware ever.
thanks for the info! good site with a few photos too!
Fd

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
know that there are a lot of folks who think body lifts look bad and are prone to failure. However, as for this kit - it is a well made kit.
Kind of funny, I have reasons why I'm "anti-body lift" but none of them are for what you stated...
To each his own...but my reasons are that they don't increase ground clearence, don't offer any performance gain, and raise the center of gravity for worst handling.
I know you can put bigger tires on(which of course WILL increase ground clearence) but how big of a tire do you need to increase the performance and handling? I had a set of 35" BFG's with just PRG's level kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok guys, i have my body lift started, but i cannot get the lower steering shaft separated from the rack. The lift blocks are on and everythind else is pretty much done, but i am trying to put the extension on the steering shaft. i will have pics when everything is done. it hasn't been too bad yet to install, just time consuming. thanks for any info. it is greatly appreciated.

-JerseyTitan
Hey so i just recently purchased the 3" BL lift from PA and had the same problem taking the steering shaft off myself how did you do it? thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts