Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this weekend i headed up to my buddies shop to install my PA 3" body lift. We had originally planed on this being a 1 to 1.5 day job. Roughly 35 hours and millions of problems later we finally got it out of the shop. What a big ****in pain in the ***. There are still problems we have to work out that we couldn't get right due to lack of improper tools and lack of time. Two of the major problems are the steering shaft is not only on wrong it wasn't completely tight (that was a 3am mistake =/ ) and the front bumper didn't get on right, currently the titan is in a local shop get those two problems fixed up. Some other small things i have to work out such as striped bolts, crush blocks, exhaust tips, k&n CAI mount, etc. I was originally quoted 500 bucks to have the kit installed and i thought that was ridiculous so i decided to do it with a buddy and now man let me tell you all 500 bucks would have been a freaking bargain. Now I'm probably gonna pay 250 bucks to have the bumper and steering fixed. Not happy with PA right now. Lucky i have a buddy that could answer some of my questions since performance accessories was closed fri sat and sun. I like the look of the truck now and when i get the bumper fixed up ill get some pics up but if anyone is trying to do one these body lifts just make sure you a lot enough time and have proper tools for cutting, etc or just have someone install it (believe me you wont regret it).

-dave

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Dude that sucks! Sorry to hear about all the trouble, but atleast its just about done, and the T prob looks sick! Do you know when you are supposed to get it back?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its at a friends auto shop in westfield now they said today if they dont do the bumper tomorrow if they do. Hes installing my camber bolts and aligning it too. i have a lot of work to get done on it still and have to order my tires once my taxes come in. ill have it at the first meet when ever that is.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i just got a call from the shop and theyre chargin me 478 to fix the steering shaft, install cam bolts and align. I wanna know what the **** the mechanic was doin the whole time jerkin off? I mean what the **** i coukd have had the whole kit installed for 500. Cant wait to go to the shop and find out why im gettin raped here.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Damn that sucks!!! Ive been thinking about doing a BL too. sounds like the suspension lift may be the better route.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I read the install instructions when I got mine and said screw it. I paid $500.00 for my install which includes a warranty and I am happy as I can be with it.

You will love the kit once they get everything finished and you actually get to do some driving with it. Looks bad *** and opens up some wheel well space for tires.

Live and learn man.

·
Registered
777 Posts
The shop did mine for $550 and said it took them like 6 hours of cutting and fitting to get the front bumper right.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
6 hours of cutting and fitting????

It took me about 30 min with a couple of tries.

What was wrong with the steering shaft?

Sean

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure exactly something with the splines on the shaft extension and rack were dirty or something and it made the bolt not thread on properly. the cam bolts were a pain too i guess the stock bolts were rusted to the truck or something and they needed to heat and cut them off. Idk w.e tomorrow im gonna get the bumper on there right. im gonna have to patch weld the brackets probably so i can drill it right and get it to line up. and some other loose ends like exhaust tips etc.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i gotta see this at the meet. they better put a goddamn gold plated steering shaft for this price..

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It looks new im not sure if it is though. The price was high cause the other work they did with it. I just wasnt expecting it to be that high maybe 200 at the most. Hopefully i can afford the new tires sometime before the meet, when ever that is.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Are you talking about welding the bumper brackets where you drilled the new holes? If its just a little off you can oval the hole a little or go a little bigger to get some play. Put a picture up of your bumper. When I did my buddy's body lift, the bumper fit the body perfect, but one of the supports just would not fit. It was the PA bracket that wasn't right not the bumper. Sorry to hear about all your troubles, if I had seen this thread before I installed one...I probably wouldn't of done it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When my dad was taken the bracket off of the frame one of the bolts welded on the inside of the frame broke off. So i welded instead of ****in around with new bolts and ****. The other bolts i just drilled and reused bolts. the bumpers still not perfect but it looks a hell of a lot better. I'm hoping to get a knt mnt steel bumper pretty soon. When i put my tow hooks back on another damn bolt broke up in the inside of the frame on the same side, chaps my ****in ***! Next is to get my exhaust tips raised up and a custom hitch made. Anyone know if its legal in mass to have my tips come out at the passenger rear tire and how that would be offroad.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Yes is it legal to have your tips come out there, you mean like how the lightnings used to be right? Did you get it all finished up, I wanna see how it looks.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i had the side exit on my dakota never had a problem with inspection or anything. I think thats the best spot for exhaust to exit far as looks and sound are concerned

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its getting there front is all done now i have to deal with exhaust and see if i can find a custom hitch. i might just have the tips raised i'm afraid they'll get screwed up while offroading if they come out before rear tire. Tires will be coming by the end of the month. Here's a pic from tonight, today i modified my skid plate mounts so it wouldn't look dumb, hugs the bumper real nicely now.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Looks nice dude! Its gonna look totally diff. once you get the new tires. I'm looking forward to a meet!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks man. Yeah i cant wait to get. The tires. Tomorrow im hookin those lights up and possibly bedlinig the grille.
-Dave

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
not gonna lie, that looks sickkkkk. beefy yet not ungodly huge, custom but not overdone. i like. nix the step rails and itll look that much taller..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts