Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My XE King Cab came without door mouldings. I didn't notice until I looked at an SE. I called to check on the price for new ones from the dealer, and the fronts are $275 each! and the rears are $50 each, all unpainted.

Anyone found an aftermarket substitute that doesn't look tacky? That's a big expanse of flat steel to catch dings.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Farmer Fred said:
My XE King Cab came without door mouldings. I didn't notice until I looked at an SE. I called to check on the price for new ones from the dealer, and the fronts are $275 each! and the rears are $50 each, all unpainted.

Anyone found an aftermarket substitute that doesn't look tacky? That's a big expanse of flat steel to catch dings.
I got the same problem, I worked with the sales rep I bought my XE from and he helped me get a discount on putting the trim on for $400 total. Don't get me wrong, I realize that's still steep, but I checked out some local aftermarket guys, that do pinstripes and details for dealers and they could do black rubber for around $100, I wanted it done right. Problem was that the widest they had was 2 inches with the rounded ends,(best looking), Titans come with almost 3 1/4 inch strips. I know I'm rationalizing, but the way I look at it, it's a lot cheaper than buying the SE..... Try checking with some other dealers....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts