Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate how the XE models are missing the body side moulding. I tried calling two local dealers, and they claim they don't sell them. I found this place online that sells aftermarket ones that apply with double sided tape. I've read before the OEM ones require drilling into the door. Has anyone gone the aftermarket route?

Body Side Molding, Truck Molding, Car Molding, Vinyl Trim

·
Registered
221 Posts
no drilling required i just purchased factory side moldings and all that holds them on is 3m automotive adhesive tape ill be taking them to the painter when i get back from TDY its not cheap though

Buynissanparts.com

part numbers
80870-A60003 front right door $49.94
80871-A60003 front left door $49.94

80871-A60002-rear right door $53.54
80870-A60002-rear left door $53.54
not sure why the rear doors are more expensive but its Nissan not much does hope this helps

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I need to do this as well.

What kind of adhesive tape? I imagine it needs to be fairly strong.

Does anyone have close up pics? I'd like to see the exact placement of it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
ill take pictures soon but if you go to your local auto parts store and ask for 3M automotive adhesive they will know exactly what you need its good stuff ive used it on other vehicles just make sure you clean the area really good before applying the tape more to come

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I'm not sure the info on the molding is correct. I know my '05 SE has holes in the doors for the side moldings to fit into. Maybe Nissan changed the part down the road to reduce manufacturing costs. We've seen it done a lot with the Titan...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up buying some aftermarket moulding on eBay for $49 shipped. I'll let everyone know how well it works out. It comes in 2-7 ft strips. Both ends of each strip has the contoured shape.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I ended up buying some aftermarket moulding on eBay for $49 shipped. I'll let everyone know how well it works out. It comes in 2-7 ft strips. Both ends of each strip has the contoured shape.
Hey bud, i was considering the same ones. I wonder if its easy to form your own contoured ends after cutting. Looking forward to your update

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was able to get the moulding on last night. I used a 1/2" roll of painter's tape and lined it up with the bottom of the "V8 TITAN" emblems. After that, I lined the moulding up with the tape. For the front doors, I stopped about 1/4" from the edge of the door, and I stopped about 3/4" from the front of the rear door. That gave me the clearance I needed to open the rear door without the moulding getting caught on the front door.

I haven't decided if I want to bedline the moulding or color match it. If I bedline it, I will bedline the emblems as well. If I color match it, I will debadge the doors.

·
Registered
753 Posts
That looks great! I wanted mine to be color match, but now im thinking of joining the dark side!! :p

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just bought some for my truck. Cost 300.00 for everything. Mine has clips on them, and you need to drill into door. I am very nervous about the drilling

1 - 11 of 11 Posts