Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have an interesting idea, its more for sh!ts and giggles, I see all over the internet guys are taking for example a 78 f-100 cab and body and throwing them on a 2020 f-150 frame. Do you guys think it would be possible to throw a 2019 titan body onto say an 05 frame? My thoughts are the first gen titan in my opinion have better reliability and are pretty easy to work on as well as they are multi port fuel injected whereas the second gens are GDI which I personally am not a fan of. Why would a guy want to swap over? The second gens are freaking SEXY!!!!! I had this idea pop into my head while looking for totaled vehicles to make an at home race simulator, and I came across some totaled second gens. I know a huge issue with this idea would be the wiring and how the computer sends information to the cab, but I would think if there is a will there might be a way. I'm just wondering if the body would even fit on the frame? I guess the idea is getting the reliability of the first gens while getting the looks of the second gens while simultaneously confusing the DMV. I know the cost wouldn't be worth it, and it might take a lot of work, but this kind of stuff is fun to dream about. What do you guys think, fun plausible idea/ nightmare, or not a chance of it ever working? Lets make a fun discussion about this.

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
5,877 Posts
I think if you lay under both trucks and look upwards, they look the same. A buddy has an 07 and I always park next to him. We were comparing driveshafts and beds and they look identical and seem to have the same mounts.

We already know the suspension is the same, maybe the mounts are in the same spots for the body?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So something interesting I noticed was what Nissan did with the Titan when they were testing the second gens, if you look, that's a second gen front with a first gen cab, I know there are a hundred possibilities for how they managed to do that but it makes you wonder, did they tool a set of fenders that match the first gen body lines just for testing? I'm wondering how hard it would be to put just the front end on to begin with???

The source of these pics are from the YouTube link down below at 3:22 on the video

Lets keep the discussion going guys.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Premium Member
74,270 Posts
You could just put that goofy camo wrap on it and call it good.

• Haha
Reactions: Warhammer

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think its an interesting idea and no doubt someone will follow it through one day. I have previously seen discussion on here about something body wise (maybe the tray) being same size; why would they make major changes to the frame when it was working fine and they just wanted the truck to look updated.

Yes there will be wiring differences to sort and you may lose some electronic functions without a lot of work, but the frame and cab are certainly able to be separated reasonably easily so you just need to deal with the differences in interface (wiring, mounting points) assuming the basic dimensions are the same.
This is my 2015 during the right hand drive conversion
Vehicle Car Tire Wheel Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Car

·
Premium Member
74,270 Posts
Our cup runneth over with that qualification lately.

Reactions: Cgeiger98

·
Registered
254 Posts
I can dig it. I really love the looks and comfort of the second gen but opted for first gen for reasons OP cited.

Could be a fun project if you can afford to lay it up awhile. I’d look at sensors for brakes, engine and driveline. If the part numbers are the same, etc. Either way better be solid on 12v tech.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts