Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a Magnaflow catback from a 09 and I wanted to install it on my 06. I notice Summit Racing has this with different part numbers. I am wondering if anyone has done this. I would think this would bolt right up but maybe the cats are in a slightly different position? I'm not to worried about mounting brackets being different (don't even know if they are). I know my current set up uses a Y pipe and is obviously a different part from magnaflow, but other brands have duels from the catback and they have differnt part numbers as well. Please help

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
It will work. I have an 05 and i installed the 07+ magnaflow catback on my truck. Bolts right up with absolutely no issues. uses all of the same factory hangers etc.

One helpful hint - Have a decent impact gun handy. it makes life so much easier and some of the flange bolts especially at the end of the Bpipes can be on there pretty darn good. May be worth lubing up with some pb blaster a few days before install. You will also need a relatively large torque wrench for getting to what they recommend when installing. i think it's north of 60 ft/lbs....

Oh, when i say it will work, I'm assuming that the 05 and 06 exhausts are the same and the 07 and 09 exhausts are the same. I'm pretty sure they are.

Reactions: dmunafo
1 - 3 of 3 Posts