Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have Borla duel exhaust on their titan??

·
Registered
96 Posts
Installed the Tru-dual Borla exhaust JBA headers and Hi-flo cats no resonators and love the system. Borla has good sound and not a whole lot of drone in the cab.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had a Borla duel exhaust system installed on my 04 Titan Le and I have to tell you. I did alot of research on Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Borla and Gibson exhaust systems. I tell you that you can't go wrong with the Borla. I get better gas mileage, power, and accelaration. But best of all, none of the other give you a true sound of a truck like the Borla.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Titan-man said:
Installed the Tru-dual Borla exhaust JBA headers and Hi-flo cats no resonators and love the system. Borla has good sound and not a whole lot of drone in the cab.
How much did your whole system cost and where did you get it?

·
Registered
96 Posts
A local shop that is a Borla dealer. "Exhaust systems Hawaii". Cost for the system and the install except for the headers was $950.00 aprox. They also installed the o2 sensors in the system, no codes. That was a plus. Check your local custom muffler shop or I believe there is a Sponsor here that could help.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Titan-man said:
A local shop that is a Borla dealer. "Exhaust systems Hawaii". Cost for the system and the install except for the headers was $950.00 aprox. They also installed the o2 sensors in the system, no codes. That was a plus. Check your local custom muffler shop or I believe there is a Sponsor here that could help.
Do you think it was worth the money??

·
Registered
96 Posts
YES, wouldn't change to anything else.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've had a Borla dual exhaust for just over a year now. Sounds great-less drone than the stock exhaust. I had issues with the fit. The down tube on the passengers side tail pipe hits the overload spring when that wheel is at full droop or even just hitting a pothole. I just ground off the corner of the spring(1/4 inch of material). I do have a nice crease in the down tube though.
I paid $765 shipped. Install of just a cat-back exhaust is very simple. My dealership has one right now for $600 plus free install.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want it, i just dont want to pay for it lol...actually all I need is the borla muffler and I could do the rest myself. Anyone know where I could find that?

·
Registered
324 Posts
husker1206 said:
I want it, i just dont want to pay for it lol...actually all I need is the borla muffler and I could do the rest myself. Anyone know where I could find that?
Call Borla.
877-GO-BORLA
Also, their website has a dealer locator.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
86 Posts
husker1206 said:
I had a dual borla setup on my previous titan. I had single in and dual out. It sounded great and I got the muffler for about $85 shipped to my house. I had a dual magnaflow setup before I swapped in the borla muffler and the borla had almost no drone compare to the magnaflow. I have a short video clip and I do have some more but they got deleted. Its the borla xs pro series which are alot cheaper than the borlas currently on their website. Here is the clip. http://media.putfile.com/magnaflowdualdriveby You can get the muffler here. http://www.wickednicky.com/borla_pro_xs.html

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
VK56inFTW said:
I had a dual borla setup on my previous titan. I had single in and dual out. It sounded great and I got the muffler for about $85 shipped to my house. I had a dual magnaflow setup before I swapped in the borla muffler and the borla had almost no drone compare to the magnaflow. I have a short video clip and I do have some more but they got deleted. Its the borla xs pro series which are alot cheaper than the borlas currently on their website. Here is the clip. http://media.putfile.com/magnaflowdualdriveby You can get the muffler here. http://www.wickednicky.com/borla_pro_xs.html
Did you get the 2 1/2" center inlet or the 3"?

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you dont want to pay that much and want a badass sounding exhaust get the Banks system. I havent personally heard the Borla in person but i bet it sounds sick. Banks is only single exit though so if you have to have the dual then go Borla but honestly i wouldnt venture farther than those 2 exhausts because none of the others have that deep roar.

·
Registered
86 Posts
husker1206 said:
Did you get the 2 1/2" center inlet or the 3"?
I used the 2.5" center since I was using stock piping. The truck was an 06.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
VK56inFTW said:
So you bascially just have the borla muffler, after the cats, with custom dual exit pipes?

I just bought the borla dual out that you showed me, so hopefully that will sound good and have good performace also. I plan on just taking it to a muffler shop and putting the borla on after the cats and running 3" pipes out the back, behind my tires at an angle. Think that will sound good??

·
Registered
86 Posts
husker1206 said:
So you bascially just have the borla muffler, after the cats, with custom dual exit pipes?

I just bought the borla dual out that you showed me, so hopefully that will sound good and have good performace also. I plan on just taking it to a muffler shop and putting the borla on after the cats and running 3" pipes out the back, behind my tires at an angle. Think that will sound good??
Well its what I had on my 06. I now have an 07 with the JBA exhaust with an at3030xl muffler in place of the JBA one. On the 06 my setup was 2.5" center in and dual 2.5" out with two 3" stainless tips straight out the back. Its going to sound good. I liked it better than the magnaflow that I had before the borla. You might want to go with 2.5" piping after the muffler so you don't lose too much low end torque.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
VK56inFTW said:
Well its what I had on my 06. I now have an 07 with the JBA exhaust with an at3030xl muffler in place of the JBA one. On the 06 my setup was 2.5" center in and dual 2.5" out with two 3" stainless tips straight out the back. Its going to sound good. I liked it better than the magnaflow that I had before the borla. You might want to go with 2.5" piping after the muffler so you don't lose too much low end torque.
Ok sounds good. Thanks for the help. I definatly dont want to lose any torque.

·
Registered
86 Posts
husker1206 said:
Ok sounds good. Thanks for the help. I definatly dont want to lose any torque.
Well when your exhaust is done post some sound clips.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts