Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
exhaust system has been chosen Flowmaster Y pipe 2.25 in 3" out into a dumped borla 3" muffler.

Cant decide between the oval XR1 or the pro xs.

anyone with either please tell me what its like, how much quieter is the pro xs? im scared it will be too quiet.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I have the Borla catback and it sounds amazing and loud at WOT and from the outside. Its quiet though whenever you are cruising around town and there is absolutely no drone in the cab. I used to have a dynomax bullet on my old titan and it was way louder than Borla but IMO doesnt sound as good at WOT. I love my Borla exhaust.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The borla seems to have the nicest tone of all the mufflers i have heard on a titan, the pro xs sounds really mellow and deep, but wondering what the xr1 is like i know it would be louder.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
exhaust system has been chosen Flowmaster Y pipe 2.25 in 3" out into a dumped borla 3" muffler.

Cant decide between the oval XR1 or the pro xs.

anyone with either please tell me what its like, how much quieter is the pro xs? im scared it will be too quiet.

Thanks
I have the Borla cat-back and it is pretty much everything that people are saying in this post. The sound is quieter than OEM at idle and on the highway. The only time it gets loud is when you romp on it which is exactly what I want in an exhaust.
Sounds like you might want a little different. If you are looking for something to sound mean when you are driving around town and pulling up to people at the light the Borla is not going to do that IMO. I have heard plenty of exhausts with a deep rumble and the borla isn't that exhaust. You can youtube every exhaust to get an idea of the sound. I tried it and found 5 Borla setups.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FRom what i have heard in videos the Pro XS is not quieter than stock at idle or cruising it seems to have a really nice sound to it, id imagine the full cat back uses a larger quieter muffler. I want to hear or get opinions from those with the XR1.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
its loud without cats :) too loud IMO... go with an oval magnaflow offset it doesnt pop or anything and its deep and mean :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The one exhaust i was never going to consider was magnaflow because i think its boring haha

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Before I got this truck with the borla in it, I used to have a Dynomax bullet muffler and that thing was loud at idle cruising and WOT. It was also $40 on amazon with free shipping. It deff sounds good. A lot of people dump it right before the rear axle for an even louder sound but i just connected it to my stock pipes so it could exit at the stock location and still sounded great. The Borla cat back is a tad bit louder at idle but as I said before, there is no drone in the cab at any speeds unless you are stomping on it. Than it makes sweet music to your ears. Look up the bullet. A lot of people have it on here and they love it. I did.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah i have gone through that entire 50 page thread about the bullet and i really want a proper muffler/something i wont get in trouble with for being stupidly loud

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have the bullet on at the moment and don"t really like it. IMO it sounds cheap but it is loud. Less then 20 min ago I ordered the Borla xs pro offset/ center outlet hope that sounds better.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have now installed my borla pro xs after running the bullet, like everyone has said its pretty mellow unless you mash the gas. It sounds very good from outside the truck but on the inside its hard to tell you even have a performance exhaust. I would compare it to the new style muffler that JBA has with their cat back and I almost like the JBA a bit more IMO.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I have now installed my borla pro xs after running the bullet, like everyone has said its pretty mellow unless you mash the gas. It sounds very good from outside the truck but on the inside its hard to tell you even have a performance exhaust. I would compare it to the new style muffler that JBA has with their cat back and I almost like the JBA a bit more IMO.
How long have you had the Borla pro xs on?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
xr1 with stock 4 cats vid in my signature.

I thought about switching to the pro xs after I got my headers installed but I can't break away from the xr1 lol, I'm afraid it will be too quiet for my liking. the xr1 you dont have to mash the gas to hear it, it has an awesome rumble to it and has a pretty unique sound.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
just got the Bullet installed and it's not as loud as you'd think. it's deff louder than stock, but it's not like a race car. idle sounds nearly stock, giving it gas makes it come alive and once you reach the speed you want it mellows out. it has Zero Drone.

WOT is the loudest, but at WOT youre looking for loud and attention. great muffler, im going to try a tip though it can give CIS sound.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have had it on now for about 2-3 weeks and am thinking I might try the xr1.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts