Nissan Titan Forum banner

Boston g5 10 ported enclosure.

8K views 49 replies 9 participants last post by  nguyenhoang 
#1 ·
One of our member decided he wanted to a g5 10 Boston Acoustics ported in his Titan Well i ordered the sub and built the box prior to recieving the sub . big mistake. This sub has a huge magnet and it has these little pieces that bolt to the magnet . well after a little bit of some tool throwing and foul language i cut the top of the box and glassed it and sanded it back down . sub fits fine. Here are some pics so far. This thing should sound sweet and have plenty of ouput.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nicely done man!

#5 ·
Ohhhhhh that should really slam!

#6 ·
bighitter said:
Ohhhhhh that should really slam!
you rally have to see one of thses subs in person to appreciate how beefy and well built this sub. It is huge. And excersion should not be a problem.

#8 ·
R1max said:
So what do you think will hit harder 2 of them sealed or 1 ported. I think I know the answer to the question but just wanted to ask.
1 ported will semm louder i would imagine

#9 ·
Keep us posted on how this thing sounds. I just found a shop in town today to do the Kenwood 7100, iPod video piece and XM for $1700. They carry Boston stuff too and if this sounds good I may talk to them about trading all my JL stuff in. One of the installers has a Titan KC set up more for SQ and damn, those mids and highs sound a hell of a lot better than mine do. So crisp and clean, even at high volume. Those in themselves made me want to switch. Maybe I'll trade them everything I have for some mids and highs and amps and then buy this set up from you? Whats the cost of this sub and enclosure and what would the cost be for two in a sealed?

#11 ·
Justintoxicated said:
Forward Firing? Requires Seat lift? Looks similar in size to the 10's I want to use, but I can't for the life of me find an acceptable way to fit them in the truck :(
yes requires seat lift . without doubt.

#12 ·
WhiteBoy said:
Keep us posted on how this thing sounds. I just found a shop in town today to do the Kenwood 7100, iPod video piece and XM for $1700. They carry Boston stuff too and if this sounds good I may talk to them about trading all my JL stuff in. One of the installers has a Titan KC set up more for SQ and damn, those mids and highs sound a hell of a lot better than mine do. So crisp and clean, even at high volume. Those in themselves made me want to switch. Maybe I'll trade them everything I have for some mids and highs and amps and then buy this set up from you? Whats the cost of this sub and enclosure and what would the cost be for two in a sealed?

the G5 retails for 349 but I could do it for less. box would run about 250 .The bsoton ppro 60s are pretty awesome. I have installed 3 sets in Titans and they rock. I just ordered a set of spz 60s for a friend of mine $1000 retail , and they are the best midbass driver i have ever heard 1 inch of excursion. Amazing

#13 ·
tech12volt said:
the G5 retails for 349 but I could do it for less. box would run about 250 .The bsoton ppro 60s are pretty awesome. I have installed 3 sets in Titans and they rock. I just ordered a set of spz 60s for a friend of mine $1000 retail , and they are the best midbass driver i have ever heard 1 inch of excursion. Amazing
I'm curious to see how bighitters setup will compare to the Bostons.

#14 ·
t22a80 said:
I'm curious to see how bighitters setup will compare to the Bostons.
Alright CDT man . Your starting too sound like Justin and his TC sounds . JK Remember how much crap Pdizzle gave him at first. LOL

#15 ·
tech12volt said:
Alright CDT man . Your starting too sound like Justin and his TC sounds . JK Remember how much crap Pdizzle gave him at first. LOL
HAHA... I didnt say anything about how much better CDT is .... I said I cant wait to hear your opinion of them since you said the Bostons were the best... If anything you sound more like Justin than I do.... no offense Justin!

#16 ·
t22a80 said:
HAHA... I didnt say anything about how much better CDT is .... I said I cant wait to hear your opinion of them since you said the Bostons were the best... If anything you sound more like Justin than I do.... no offense Justin!
Im sorry i should rephrase that statement.Boston are the best sounding midbass driver i had heard in years. They have a ridiiclous amount of midbass.guess what i found today sq-10 technical data sheet. Woner whos that is?

#17 ·
tech12volt said:
Im sorry i should rephrase that statement.Boston are the best sounding midbass driver i had heard in years. They have a ridiiclous amount of midbass.guess what i found today sq-10 technical data sheet. Woner whos that is?
Yah thats what I thought!!!! :boxing: :) :cheers:

You found it... COOL! I thought your helper threw it out... or so you thought...

#18 ·
t22a80 said:
Yah thats what I thought!!!! :boxing: :) :cheers:

You found it... COOL! I thought your helper threw it out... or so you thought...
He actually filed it away with alot of my old mauals for alarms.

#19 ·
tech12volt said:
He actually filed it away with alot of my old mauals for alarms.
haha thats funny... at least he was trying to keep you organized!

#22 ·
R1max said:
James what about foward firing SPG555 with a seat lift? What do you think about that? If that would fit what other sub would you recomend? I'm just trying to learn thats all lol.
its way too deep. Its like 8 inches deep. But those subs are insanely loud. Much louder tha kicker l7 12 or solo x 12

#24 ·
R1max said:
James what about foward firing SPG555 with a seat lift? What do you think about that? If that would fit what other sub would you recomend? I'm just trying to learn thats all lol.
Funny you should mention that... I asked James if he could do it when he told me he was going to start carrying Boston Acoustics.

#25 ·
Damn there has to be a way. Let’s all put our minds together and think about this. If I could find a rear seat I think I would carve the inside out to make more room. I'm just thinking out loud that’s all. I read some reviews on the sub and man it looks impressive. I know one way would be to take the seat out but I don't want to do that, I have kids. Oh well just thinking out loud that’s all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.