Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought an '08 Pro-4x long bed, fully loaded, PICS!!!

A couple days ago I signed the papers, and will be returning to lakeland to pick it up from the dealer this weekend.

I've been a lurker on this site, but just finally joined... now that I can officially be a 'true' member. :) I forget how many posts it is that I need prior to being able to post pictures? I have a whole ton of my truck....

-2008 Titan Pro-4x FFV
-Long Bed
-Leather package with power bucket seats, and Rockford Fosgate audio (custom red stiching)
-Side air bag package
-Tow package
-Navigation Package
-XM Sat. Radio
-High Utility Bed Package
-Dvd Entertainment Package
-Moonroof
-Floor Mats
-Underseat Storage Bin
-Utili-track Sliding Bed Divider

and some other things i'm missing... (the ton of custom things done on the pro-4x)

She has 30 miles on her, we took her through some 'sugar' sand trails that she simply ate through... bringing a huge smile to my face. I am more than impressed with this truck. I was present when she came off the trailor, and the entire dealership poured outside to look through her. The Pro-4x in my opinion is nicer than the LE. I sort of miss the chrome accents some, but thats always something that can be fixed.

She handled beautifully, stopped on a dime, 4x4 worked great, and the long bed.... WOW I think i'm in love.

Nissan captured me as a lifetime customer back in 03 when I purchased one of the first g35's in florida. I have raced it in everyway possible, ran a 225 shot of progressive nitrous, etc. and she has never broken. :) To this day people tell me they love the new g35's. They are Shocked when I tell them she is almost 5 years old. :)

Well that is enough for now, i'll try and post enough tonight so I can post all the pictures up. Glad to finally have joined the board, and can start posting.
-Eric

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Too cool.
Thanks for the report and welcome to TT.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Congrats and you might be the first 08 subacriber to TT.:blueblob:

BLAVIS BEAT ME TO IT.

·
Registered
969 Posts
awesome! can't wait to start seeing the longer 08s around here, should be an eye pleaser

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
jbglenn said:
Congrats and you might be the first 08 subacriber to TT.:blueblob:

BLAVIS BEAT ME TO IT.
Yeah I haven't read off any other 08 owner so you're probably the first.
Congratulations and hurry up and post pictures.:D

·
Registered
969 Posts
so nice :D black > *

make sure to update us on how it is when it comes to parking.. the titan already behaves like an F250 when it come to that, i wonder if the long bed made it any worse

edit: white faces on the gauges? some new change?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah... I believe that the Pro-4x has a bunch of 'semi-custom' differences between it and the other titans. That i believe is one of them...

I love the seats and stiching... :)

Here are some more... Notice that at night, you can not even tell the guages were white. :ftard:

Yeah, from my experience so far when playing with it at the dealer... the truck will park much similar to the f250. You do notice the length a little more with the 7' bed on the crew cab. But that is what i wanted out of a truck ;) If i want small, the g35 is small enough for me.

All in all.... :idhit: :D

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
That is EXACTLY the truck I am trying to talk the wife into. She is against me trading up from the 05, but I am having a hard time not doing it. I wish a Utah dealer would get an 08 Titan in stock soon. It's beautiful and the color is perfect! Enjoy your new toy!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In that first picture when it was still up on the flat-bed. You can see the front brakes are much bigger than the 07's.

I can't remember the points, so i'm not going to butcher it here. But my really good friend who is selling me this truck, has been a mechanic for over 15 years... just became a sales man to try his luck at it. But, nissan put on a clinic for them. They brought in a fully loaded LE, and a Fully loaded tundra. Tested them, and let the salespeople and mechanics beat on them both in many different ways. My friend had a 100 and 1 great things to say about the Titan, and only a couple (at most) things that the tundra beat it on.

We took the truck off roading in some 1+ foot deep off roading trails that were made soley of loose florida sugar sand (fine as dust) and the Titan had absolutely no trouble going through it. It was amazing.... :D I saw a bunch of other truck owners (ford, etc) driving by us on the main road and starring. I'm more than positive that the Titan could take them. :)

Oh and the long bed... :) There is nothing i could complain about there. It trully is amazing. I parked it next to an 07 king cab in that one bed picture. Bad angle, but you can see that the 08 crew cab bed is bigger (as it should be than) the old king cabs. I can't wait to see a king cab 8' bed on the road!

Ok well i'm going to bed. I'm going back up there to drive her home to miami this saturday. (I didn't think it would be proper break in procedure to tow the g35 home lol...) (Even though the GM mentioned i should... lol :ftard: )
-Eric

·
Registered
969 Posts
ooh the orange rings light up at night.. was wondering about that in the day shot.

yes the seats look awesome as does the whole truck. i must say it looks better than the stock preview images we've seen so far. enjoy it :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
BLKingTitan said:
That is EXACTLY the truck I am trying to talk the wife into. She is against me trading up from the 05, but I am having a hard time not doing it. I wish a Utah dealer would get an 08 Titan in stock soon. It's beautiful and the color is perfect! Enjoy your new toy!
Sounds like your 05 is pretty nice (looking at your sig) :)
Yeah, comparing the new 08 long bed pro-4x to the others in the lot... it was no comparison. I should have taken pictures next to the ford f250's and king ranch that were there. ;)

The dealer told me that this was the first pro-4x in the southeast.... (or so they say. lol)

They tried to use that as leverage to charge me more... but at the end of the day, i walked out with a fairly good deal, all things considered. About 2.5k off msrp.

I was willing to pay a little more than maybe i should have... but i've been trying to get 'the right Titan' for over 7 months now... :( But i finally got her! :)

I just need to get some running boards, and a few other accessories. Does anyone know of any manf. that are making running boards for the new longbeds?

EDIT:
I can't believe that nissan isn't pushing this... with a big media blitz. Especially the new pro-4x. Because prior to this one... i could barely find a picture ANYWHERE on the internet or at any nissan dealer of one. And that model especially shows off a lot of special 'acoutrements/enhancements/etc'

If you haven't noticed... i'm so excited to finally have her. That i can't sleep... lol I just wish she was sitting in my drive way, so that i could go to the window and check on her. hahahaha that is so crazy. (i've wanted a truck for Years!!! but just couldn't find the right one, or be in the right situation to be able to get one)

·
Registered
319 Posts
ericinmia said:
Sounds like your 05 is pretty nice (looking at your sig) :)
Thanks!!! I love it, but I would like the room of a crew cab. I bought the king, because of the longer bed back in 05, but I have been hoping Nissan would do this and make a longer bed on the crew. Maybe if I promise her a new Maxima:D :hahano: She thinks I love my truck more than her or the kids. Somedays, she might be right... hehehe.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AgTitan06 said:
Wow! Looks great man!!
Thanks, and thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

BLKingTitan said:
Thanks!!! I love it, but I would like the room of a crew cab. I bought the king, because of the longer bed back in 05, but I have been hoping Nissan would do this and make a longer bed on the crew. Maybe if I promise her a new Maxima:D :hahano: She thinks I love my truck more than her or the kids. Somedays, she might be right... hehehe.
hahahaha I can empathize with that... :D
That is the main reason I waited this last 2-3 months. I needed the CC, but wanted a long bed too. :)

1 - 20 of 86 Posts