Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello what’s up guys. Sold my 19 f150 lariat for a used 2020 pro4x. What I didn’t notice until nighttime was the interior lights did not illuminate. I then noticed the the front and rear dome lights was missing the little tab that you move from “on,off,door” position. All the other lights work fine. I searched and it doesn’t look like Nissan sells the little tabs. Only whole assembly. I marked red circle of tan that’s missing from the front and rear dome light. Any ideas.

Attachments

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,340 Posts
So yours is missing that little toggle switch? Is there anything there at all? Maybe a small broken plastic nub? Seems like an odd piece to be missing. I'd take it back to see if they can replace it for you. Oh and we must insist on pics. 😁

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
When my truck was brand new last year mine was missing that piece too, my son found it in the cup holder in the back of the console. I put it back in place and it’s stayed for the whole year I own the truck. There obviously is a problem with how they were assembled for both of us to have such an odd thing to have occurred. I’d see if you can have it done under warranty. Look really well, maybe it’s under or next to the tint seats.

Clint

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Here she is. Didn’t want black, but it’s a used 2020. Don’t get me wrong black looks sharp but gets dirty fast.
Love how the red neon light reflects off of it. And yes, black is crazy hard to keep clean, but when it's clean it's one of the sleekest colors. As much as I hate it, I'd probably recommend a car wash club that lets you wash it daily. It's going to strip the clearcoat and accelerate the fading of the paint job, but it's going to look clean for those first few years. If you plan on keeping it long term, I'd definitely avoid the drive through carwashes.

Oh and it just occurred to me, take the truck to a Nissan dealership and tell them the part is missing, maybe they'll cover it under warranty. Doesn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Best case scenario, It popped off while they were detailing it and it's under the seats somewhere. Worst case, it flew forward and found it's way into the defroster vent. Post a pic of the actual console, there's lots of creative minds here that may come up with options for "something to stick in there". (Even though, if you're like me, you would really like the actual piece). :cool:

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
2020 is under warranty. Bumper to bumper includes trim and switches. Short conversation with the local Nissan dealership service department will resolve this, I'm sure.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Nice truck! How do you like it compared to the Ford thus far?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for replies. You think Nissan would cover this? I feel like they would say no since the parts are missing. I like this motor and trans better so far than my 5.0. I did like the f150 ride a bit more. But it was a lariat and this is pro 4x with off roady suspension so I understand why it’s a little more rough. Few things I’ll miss about f150 cooled seats, Ford app which let me start,unlock truck for free no monthly fee. The keypad on door. I used that a lot. And maybe the back seat, that was huge.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Thanks for replies. You think Nissan would cover this? I feel like they would say no since the parts are missing. I like this motor and trans better so far than my 5.0. I did like the f150 ride a bit more. But it was a lariat and this is pro 4x with off roady suspension so I understand why it’s a little more rough. Few things I’ll miss about f150 cooled seats, Ford app which let me start,unlock truck for free no monthly fee. The keypad on door. I used that a lot. And maybe the back seat, that was huge.
If the part is missing, they can assume that it was not added during the manufacturing process, or that it fell off. Either way, I can't see how it's not something that's covered. I can understand if it looks as if someone smashed their fist into the console in a fit of road rage, but if it looks like the piece just fell off, let them assume that it's a warranty item.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I agree with SSoul above. This is clear warranty work. Part fell out. That's not a user error. Swing by and get the service advisor and maybe the service manager to look at it. Probably have to order it, and you should be prepared for that to be a fiasco, potentially, but get it on the record and have them order the part, and be cool with them about it. Once the part comes in, set up an appointment to have it repaired and thank them. It will go a long way to establishing your relationship with the dealer service folks as a good guy to deal with, which will get you the benefit of better service downrange.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I agree with SSoul above. This is clear warranty work. Part fell out. That's not a user error. Swing by and get the service advisor and maybe the service manager to look at it. Probably have to order it, and you should be prepared for that to be a fiasco, potentially, but get it on the record and have them order the part, and be cool with them about it. Once the part comes in, set up an appointment to have it repaired and thank them. It will go a long way to establishing your relationship with the dealer service folks as a good guy to deal with, which will get you the benefit of better service downrange.

And at the risk of sounding sneaky, just say, "I bought this truck and didn't notice that this was missing, my salesman advised me to stop by my service department". I'm guessing that if you do ask your salesman, that he'll pretty much tell you to visit Nissan if you'd rather just ask him first. I'm going to have to look at my switch to see how a part like that would fall off and hope that it's not a typical issue. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks. I might just try junk yard first. That would be the fastest. It’s a simple plastic tab. If it I don’t find one I’ll visit a Nissan dealer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yours doesn't have remote start on the fob?
yes it does have it, I was just mentioning that FordPass app was free. Which could start,unlock truck. Nissan connect charges a fee. At first I thought it was cheesy asking Alexa to start my Ford truck. then I got used to the convenience.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You can get an actual remote start kit which is just a key change and have your dealer program it.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
yes it does have it, I was just mentioning that FordPass app was free. Which could start,unlock truck. Nissan connect charges a fee. At first I thought it was cheesy asking Alexa to start my Ford truck. then I got used to the convenience.
Hold down the Unlock button for a good 10-20 seconds, your windows will roll down and let the heat out of the vehicle. I learned that little trick on here, and love not having to remote start to get my A/C running. It will literally cool down the cabin enough if you have 5-10 seconds to walk to it. One Caveat, you can't use the keyfob to roll the windows up, which is a shame, as I would love to roll them down, and back up a couple of times a day to save the interior.

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
Thanks. I might just try junk yard first. That would be the fastest. It’s a simple plastic tab. If it I don’t find one I’ll visit a Nissan dealer.
You’ll likely break it trying to remove it. Mine and yours likely fell off as it wasn’t fully seated in place.
They’d need to replace the whole light as a unit.
The worst they can do is say is no.

Clint

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Mine looks like the pic you posted. Is this just a stock image? What does yours actually look like?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts