·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,317 Posts
Front and rear dome light
Oh damn, it's the rear one too? Yeah, definitely take that to Nissan and tell them that you thought they all came that way until you saw another one. It does look like it can be chalked up to just a loose piece that snapped off.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Thanks for replies. You think Nissan would cover this? I feel like they would say no since the parts are missing. I like this motor and trans better so far than my 5.0. I did like the f150 ride a bit more. But it was a lariat and this is pro 4x with off roady suspension so I understand why it’s a little more rough. Few things I’ll miss about f150 cooled seats, Ford app which let me start,unlock truck for free no monthly fee. The keypad on door. I used that a lot. And maybe the back seat, that was huge.
Oh and make sure you contact SiriusXM and get your trial going. I think you get 3 months whether new or used. And if you do it over the phone, you don't have to provide a credit card #. Vehicle Availability | SiriusXM

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks. I bought my ford used and got 3 months xm free when I took possession of f150. I think when the dealer sold it, something in there system activates xm. In this case it didn’t happen with dealer.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Thanks. I bought my ford used and got 3 months xm free when I took possession of f150. I think when the dealer sold it, something in there system activates xm. In this case it didn’t happen with dealer.
Yeah, some dealers just want to unload something and don't really care about the "after-care". They've already moved onto the next customer. Hell, I'd see if Nissan Connect offers a trial as well. NissanConnect | Nissan USA It's a little pricey per year, but if they give you 6 months like they do for new vehicles, I say go ahead and use it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
OP, do you have LED map and dome lamps? Asking as if these did not come from the factory (on the 18 P4X, they did not), then the dealer may give you some push back indicating that the trim/switch piece was botched up during the lamp replacements. However, if that is how you picked it up, and more so, from a Nissan dealership, then there is a chance.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yes they are led dome lights. Not sure if they changed them in 2020. I bought the truck from a Chevy dealer.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,237 Posts
hmmm, don't mention that part when you go and talk to the Nissan service advisor

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Yup. I have that in my cart. But it’s missing the button for rear sliding window. That would be worst case scenario, as I only need the tab. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh damn, it's the rear one too? Yeah, definitely take that to Nissan and tell them that you thought they all came that way until you saw another one. It does look like it can be chalked up to just a loose piece that snapped off.
are there fuses for the inside dome lights?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Not sure. Took a piece of wire and placed on the contact points. The lights work. Just need to find the dumb tab. I spoke to Chevy dealer who told me to bring it in tomorrow. Doubt they will help. Might go to Nissan dealer.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Not sure. Took a piece of wire and placed on the contact points. The lights work. Just need to find the dumb tab. I spoke to Chevy dealer who told me to bring it in tomorrow. Doubt they will help. Might go to Nissan dealer.
I would talk to your salesman first. Just tell him/her that you didn't notice it. If they're a good used car dealership, they can just order the part and put it in for you. You can fib a little and tell them that your wife drives the truck sometimes and she feels unsafe getting in after work at night with the lights off. Or hell, tell him that you are afraid. 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I just realized why I don't have that rear switch....duh....I never said I was the brightest....

Good luck with the fix! And just asking saved you at least a good $200.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello what’s up guys. Sold my 19 f150 lariat for a used 2020 pro4x. What I didn’t notice until nighttime was the interior lights did not illuminate. I then noticed the the front and rear dome lights was missing the little tab that you move from “on,off,door” position. All the other lights work fine. I searched and it doesn’t look like Nissan sells the little tabs. Only whole assembly. I marked red circle of tan that’s missing from the front and rear dome light. Any ideas.
I had an issue with the dome light switch in my 2021 Pro 4x falling out.... I took it to dealership and they ended up putting a whole new domelight console

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Chevy dealership you bought it from should be able to activate a free 3 month XM trial in about 3 minutes. On the Nissan connect, I think you can get a free trial period on it also. However, even after the trial period, you can still lock/unlock your truck with the app for free. I would think your Pro would have a remote start on the key fob. If the top button looks like a circled arrow, it does. As far as the light, as long as it doesn't look like you took a hammer and beat the switch out, your Nissan warranty should cover it. You don't have to explain anything other than it fell out. Your truck will have the remaining warranty. Also, look up threads on here about the transmission update for the 2020.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts