Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally bought some new tires for the truck and it feels better than ever. Compared to the oem Goodyears, it rides alot quieter. I had them sipped and bought the extended warranty through DiscountTire. Needless to say I am very happy.

I figured I would share with you guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
So I finally bought some new tires for the truck and it feels better than ever. Compared to the oem Goodyears, it rides alot quieter. I had them sipped and bought the extended warranty through DiscountTire. Needless to say I am very happy.

Glad you got some. It's never good to use old rubbers.

Reactions: 08crewcab

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Good deal. My Badyear tires were crap and I got just over 20K miles on them and I rotated and balanced them every 5K miles. Anything is better than Badyears!

When I first read the title to you thread, it made me think about a boss I had a few years ago. I always worked in sales and covered the southeastern US. One time my boss came down from Chicago to work with me for a couple of days and he asked me to stop by the drug store to see if he could buy some rubbers. I thought it strange that he wanted to buy rubbers while he was away from home but it was not any of my business.

After a few minutes he came out of the drug store empty handed and he said the store didn't carry any rubbers. I said, "What! a drug store that does not carry rubbers?"

We had had a snowfall in the Atlanta area and my boss was looking for some rubber slippers to put over his leather shoes, what I always called rubber galoshes.

Anyway, I found my boss's search for "rubbers" to be quite hilarious and your thread reminded me of the story.

Reactions: TitanOscar

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Hahaha ^^^

Yeah, from the title I was thinking rubbers that go in lady parts.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nice. The dealership pu on some brand new Falken High Country tires when I bought my truck. I was concerned as I never heard of them before, but I've been pretty happy. The only problem with them is that they're pretty soft & are wearing faster than some other tires might. They have awesome grip, though & did great off-road. The High Country is almost the same as what you have (yours might have replaced the High Country).

Are yours LT or P tires?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't believe they are LT, as I assume that means light truck. I recall the guy at the counter saying they were for heavy duty trucks since I he tried very hard to get me on some BG GoodRich & Continentals, arguing the Falkens would be to loud on the road.
I find them to be alot quieter than the OEM's.

Treadwear 560
Traction A
Temperature B
Speed Rating S*

I reread the title and understood it to mean other rubbers also. I originally didnt set out to make it funny.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I think the tires wear pretty hard because of the weight setup on this truck. I've had two of these and 100k miles, so I've gone through some tires. I haven't been able to get more than 35k out of a set of tires, faithfully rotating and balancing. I almost think the tire pressure should be different for front and rear tires based on the wear patterns I've seen on 2 trucks. At the recommended TP, the rear tires wear faster in the center, probably because there's not enough weight to level the tires out. I'm considering experimenting with a few pounds less on the rear than the front...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I don't believe they are LT, as I assume that means light truck. I recall the guy at the counter saying they were for heavy duty trucks since I he tried very hard to get me on some BG GoodRich & Continentals, arguing the Falkens would be to loud on the road.
I find them to be alot quieter than the OEM's.

Treadwear 560
Traction A
Temperature B
Speed Rating S*

I reread the title and understood it to mean other rubbers also. I originally didnt set out to make it funny.
Let me know how you like them. I am in the market for new tires, and I am leaning heavily towards the DuraTracs with the Hankook ATM a close second. I travel through snowy conditions for the holidays, so that's my biggest concern.

·
Premium Member
77,925 Posts
Bought New Rubbers (feels extra good)

File that under "things that sound dirty, but aren't"

·
Registered
444 Posts

looks good ,those are the same tires i went with.i have about 3000 miles on them and they are doing good.i love the look of them

·
Registered
132 Posts
Keep us posted on how they do. I almost went with a set, but there wasn't many reviews out there yet. Went with the Cooper Zeons for now.

-Lab

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
It has been a good month. We got some heavy rain and some flooded streets. The grip on these tires is great. On the highway, they have a great feel and are almost nailing themselves to the road. I made a mistake of a taking a off ramp to fast, the tires held me firmly on the pavement without skidding. Needless to say I am very impressed with them.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I think the tires wear pretty hard because of the weight setup on this truck. I've had two of these and 100k miles, so I've gone through some tires. I haven't been able to get more than 35k out of a set of tires, faithfully rotating and balancing. I almost think the tire pressure should be different for front and rear tires based on the wear patterns I've seen on 2 trucks. At the recommended TP, the rear tires wear faster in the center, probably because there's not enough weight to level the tires out. I'm considering experimenting with a few pounds less on the rear than the front...
Yea I think they figure since it's a truck your going to be driving around with a load in the back, I think for those of us who drive around empty most of the time 32 in the rears is better, that's what I run and the tires don't seem to wear the centers as much

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let me know how you like them. I am in the market for new tires, and I am leaning heavily towards the DuraTracs with the Hankook ATM a close second. I travel through snowy conditions for the holidays, so that's my biggest concern.
Still loving them man. They have been doing well on the highway for 13 hour drives, low road noise. and on the ice we have had on the streets lately they handle well.. needless to say they grip the road ver well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts