Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping I could get some ideas from you guys on mounting my bull bar lights. I have a Hunter bull bar and the brackets that came with stick out way too much (like 4").

I took some 90 degree alumimum which is 1/8" thick, cut it to about 2" long and mounted that to the bar and the lights on top of it. They look fine but the aluminum is too thin so it has flex in it and the lights will bounce over road imperfections.

Anyone have any ideas for a non-rusting mounting solution?

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I bent the brackets it came with. Flattened them out, mounting the brackets so they stuck straight up, drilled new holes for the lights and then a heavy dose of bedliner.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any pics of that setup? My lights mount from the bottom but they do have a swivel bracket so I suppose they could be mounted vertically.

Here's a diagram of the lights:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link. So did you just mount the lights by turning the connector 90 degrees like so:

From the pics it looks like there is part of the light touching the bar, is that a bumper or just part of the mount?

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Yeah that's exactly what I did. The lights did not touch the bar, they could've if I drilled the holes lower

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool deal - thanks. Did you just have at it with a hammer? I might try this today.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice - I got just the one :)

Drilling it is gonna be a PITA though - the aluminum took forever which leads me to beleive it's time for a new drill bit...

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Yeah it was a B*TCH to drill, especially without any real clamps. Definitely worth it though

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you cut off the extra part of the bracket or just leave it behind the light?

Here is what I'm picturing:

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I left it behind the light. Not worth it to hack it off

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
To mount my KC Daylighters to my winch mount I had some steel angle brackets fabricated and powder coated. Mine are pretty stiff but I suppose a small amount of flex is a good thing as it keeps the lights from being shaken to pieces.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To mount my KC Daylighters to my winch mount I had some steel angle brackets fabricated and powder coated. Mine are pretty stiff but I suppose a small amount of flex is a good thing as it keeps the lights from being shaken to pieces.
Where did you have that done? Metal shop? How much?

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
I had it done through ShortRunPro.com. I had them fab up 3 pairs and the total was just under $150. I made extras because I thought was going to mount more than 2 pairs of lights and then maybe sell a pair of the brackets. Attached is the CAD design they made for them.

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had it done through ShortRunPro.com. I had them fab up 3 pairs and the total was just under $150. I made extras because I thought was going to mount more than 2 pairs of lights and then maybe sell a pair of the brackets. Attached is the CAD design they made for them.
Thanks for the info. What bull bar are you running? The Hunter I have has the mount screws for the bracket horizontal.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
IIRC correctly he's running a custom light bar type deal...

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
I have the Mile Marker winch mount. The light brackets are attached to the vertical portion of the winch mount. The brackets are kind of hard to see in this photo.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's a cool setup :)

I will try to hammer my factory ones flat and if that doesn't work I'll sketch out a drawing and send it to that company. Looks like they will provide a free estimate and I would be curious to see if they could do them in stainless steel.

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
That's a cool setup :)

I will try to hammer my factory ones flat and if that doesn't work I'll sketch out a drawing and send it to that company. Looks like they will provide a free estimate and I would be curious to see if they could do them in stainless steel.
Go through their design application on their web site. No need to draw it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts