Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tech12, are you interested in building a box for my boat? Currently there is a Polk Momo 10" up under the port side console. It is a cheap box from walmart. I knew it would get wet and ruin the box, so I didn't want to spend much on it. Could we maybe do a box that is pretty water proof?

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P-Dizzle said:
Glassed MDF enclosure is what I would recommend.
Kinda what I figured he would want to build. Unless he comes up with some other idea, you wouldn't be able to see it. It would not have to be real pretty.

·
Registered
360 Posts
P-Dizzle said:
Glassed MDF enclosure is what I would recommend.
P I thought you would suggest your favorite finish and tell him to use a spray on truck bed liner =)

J/K

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TruckinTitan said:
P I thought you would suggest your favorite finish and tell him to use a spray on truck bed liner =)

J/K

Actually I am waiting on Justin to suggest that!!!! LOL

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
Haha.

The glassed enclosure can be finished in marine grade carpet or vinyl to match your boat. Does not have to be ugly.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
Actually in the south where i live lots of guys port their bed and rhinoline the box . With no cover on it at all. And it seems to hold up. Believe it or not

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
P-Dizzle said:
Whataboutaboat?
If you can get me the measurements. Ill build a box for apc, submarine, f16,boat whatever you got. Ill even build you a box to go inside your probox."blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag:

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tech12volt said:
If you can get me the measurements. Ill build a box for apc, submarine, f16,boat whatever you got. Ill even build you a box to go inside your probox."blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag: "blueflag:
LOL!!!!

James, if it ever quits raining here, I will take the cover off and take a couple pics and get some measurements. I figured you would build about anything. Hows my other box coming? :rainy:

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
vipzach said:
LOL!!!!

James, if it ever quits raining here, I will take the cover off and take a couple pics and get some measurements. I figured you would build about anything. Hows my other box coming? :rainy:
its curing . i am pulling some long days playing catch up. but i am starting to see daylight.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tech12volt said:
its curing . i am pulling some long days playing catch up. but i am starting to see daylight.
OK, I am in no real hurry! We have a good chance for more rain tonight, if it doesn't rain, I will get some pics of the boat and some measurements.

Did you quit the other job and go full time on your own?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
vipzach said:
OK, I am in no real hurry! We have a good chance for more rain tonight, if it doesn't rain, I will get some pics of the boat and some measurements.

Did you quit the other job and go full time on your own?
yes a few months back. i had no choice. The amount of work was overwhelming.

I build some boxes for fords and chevrolets also. And the demand for them seems to be almost as high as the titan box in the last few months.I am sure some of the ford an chevy guys wonder over here and find me.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tech12volt said:
yes a few months back. i had no choice. The amount of work was overwhelming.

I build some boxes for fords and chevrolets also. And the demand for them seems to be almost as high as the titan box in the last few months.I am sure some of the ford an chevy guys wonder over here and find me.
Thats good!!! Much better than sitting around, hoping somebody will buy something. That also speaks volumes about your work!!!! Congrats bro!!!

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
vipzach said:
Thats good!!! Much better than sitting around, hoping somebody will buy something. That also speaks volumes about your work!!!! Congrats bro!!!
thanks man . now lets get that itrader back o

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Here are the pics I finally took.

I think we would have a hard time building the box exactly right to fit under the passenger console.

This pic is under the passenger seat. The width could not be over 12" and height of 7".............max.

The last one is the gunnel and has a max depth of 6".

Tell me what you think!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts