Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I broke off one of my brake bleeder nipples and want to know what size or part number I need to replace it before I try getting it out of my caliper. Ive called around and no shop can tell me the size or part that I need and wanted to see if anyone here has done it or knows off the top of their head.

·
Registered
26 Posts
quick "dumb" question on bleeding brakes with the speed bleeders. Once installed and attempting to bleed the brakes the brake pedal got real hard after a couple of pumps. Does that mean I have to open the bleeder screw alot more? Do I bleed the brakes with the engine running to avoid the pedal getting stiff. Yet the FSM says to disconnect the battery to bleed brakes. Thanks.

Later.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
When you shut off the engine, you remove the source of vacuum for the brake booster. Then the pedal gets stiff after a couple of pumps because you bleed off the residual vacuum in the brake booster and thus no longer have vacuum assisting you with moving the piston in the master cylinder. If you are still getting fluid flowing freely out of the bleed screw, it is not a problem. I bleed mine with engine off.

Note: During daily driving, if you have an immediate hard brake pedal after shutting off the truck, it can indicate a vacuum leak in the booster or the associated line and check valve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts