Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an issue in February with the SLIP light and VDC OFF light not shutting off. I brought it to the dealer and $800 later, they replaced the brake booster.

Since then the brake pedal has been rock hard after it sits for a couple of hours. I mentioned this the last time I had the oil changed in March and they replaced a check valve which I thought fixed it but it did not fix the issue.

Today, I brought the truck in for an oil change, seat belt recall, and to have them check out the brake system again. This time they determined the brake booster was defective causing a vacuum leak. The good news is this will be covered under a 1 year Nissan parts warranty.

Another correct debug from bestatchess. Thanks best.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
I don't have vdc, but my slip light was coming on and they replaced the two pressure switches on the side of the master cylinder. My light hasn't come back yet!!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I brought the truck in last week for the third brake booster and after about an hour the dealer called and said they made a mistake and the booster actually hadn't come in, the booster is on a national backorder list... I was put on a "vehicle down" list and after two days they were able to find one at another dealer.

I finally got the brake booster installed this week and the pedal holds pressure like it should and there are no lights on. :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.