Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just watched this video on you tube on replacing my brake booster.. Is this correct method? Will I need to pull the wiper motor and trim parts? Will I be able to get enough room to pull out the booster if I don't do that? Also , will I gain enough access if not disconnecting the supply lines to the abs?
Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I took the truck to the dealer just to confirm its the booster, confirmed. However , somebody hit the crack pipe hard..$1000 labor, $800 for the part.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Check the estimate again- you'll need to replace the brake master itself as well as the booster. Labor is way high on your Titan- where do you live? Will you DIY this job?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just curious why I need to replace master cylinder also ? I'll do it myself. 2004 original owner. Or at only 168 000 miles but 12 years old it might be time to go in another direction. It still has allot of original parts that are probably a ticking time bomb.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
It really depends on what's going on with your brake booster. In my case, the entire master cylinder was draining within 24 hours of filling it up. The internal seals had failed and it wasn't possible to rebuild, so a new master and brake booster were needed. It wasn't cheap or easy, but I haven't had any other "ticking time bombs" on my Titan. It remains a better solution IMO than spending thousands more on a new truck...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts