Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached below are some images that will assist you in identifying where the brake controller connector is located. Image 749 identifies location of connector and image 750 shows you brake controller connected to harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
thanks for the pics that confirms that the plug I found was the right one. I didn't have to pull my panel to get to it though. though I did have to put the seat back and lay on my back and reach and feel around. Should be a fast connect....I ordered a controller that should be in tomorrow. Was hoping for sooner had to haul unloaded trailer today but it wasn't a problem..but loaded the brakes will be a must

·
Registered
6 Posts
What a great help the pics where. I looked for about 20 min and did not see that plug. After seeing the pics I found it immediately. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Attached below are some images that will assist you in identifying where the brake controller connector is located. Image 749 identifies location of connector and image 750 shows you brake controller connected to harness.
Any idea if this adapter is different on an 04 XE? Can't seem to find mine.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 04 XE's did not come pre-wired, so you will need to follow the wires into the cab and find where the previous owner wired in the brake controller.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The 04 XE's did not come pre-wired, so you will need to follow the wires into the cab and find where the previous owner wired in the brake controller.
There was no previous brake controller...

But I think I found the right directions elsewhere on the site for my truck. I need to splice into 3 wires as my 04 XE doesn't have the built-in harness.

·
Registered
298 Posts
This helps a lot. I have a 2006 LE with towing package. Can anyone suggest a good controller?

·
Registered
64 Posts
This helps a lot. I have a 2006 LE with towing package. Can anyone suggest a good controller?
Tekonsha. P3 if you want to spend a bit, but they make some others that have a good reputation. I like that my P3 tells me when there's a problem with the trailer brakes.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Tekonsha. P3 if you want to spend a bit, but they make some others that have a good reputation. I like that my P3 tells me when there's a problem with the trailer brakes.
Yeah, I've read about the P3, but honestly, I don't tow that much and I'm really just using this for ONE weekend. . . .not keeping the truck for long, so could I save a bit of cash and go with the P2?

·
Premium Member
4,156 Posts
Yeah a p2 will be fine. You can always turn around and sell it after your done with it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for the pics and info!!! After far TOO long searching under the dash for the plug...I came on here to search and saw this thread...it took all of 2 minutes to remove the panel, plug in the harness, reinstall the panel, mount the P3 bracket using self tapping screws and pop in the controller!

Now programming the controller and let the summer times roll :big_grin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts