Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Send an email to Tekonsha, and they will send you the color mapping. I have it at home, will post later today if I remember.

Keith

2004 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke, Nav
2000 Maxima SE 5spd

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can't find my plug

I just got my first Titan on Saturday and I need to get it ready to tow ASAP.
I got the plug for my Hoppy brake controller, but I can't find where it plugs into under the dash. My Titan is a 2004 XE 4x2 Crew cab without the big tow package. The socket in the rear for my 7 pin connection plug was there, so I figured the brake plug would be there also. Does my truck have it? If so where is it located. I can hard wire it if I have to, but I'd rather just plug and play. Can you help a newbie out?

Um... never mind. I hard wired it tonight and it works!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Brake controller

Nissan provides a harness for the brake controller - mine was in the glove box - they have just brought my truck in to add a part to the wiring for trailer pulling - not sure what it does but they said it would improve the system - free so ok. Sorry for not getting back sooner but was busy - enjoy the best truck in the world! :cheers:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I hooked up the trailer for the first time after work and it was a no-go :crying: Everything works except the tail lights. I did notice where the "Trailer Tow 1" relay is supposed to be in the fuse box is empty. I think since I don't have the big tow package I might not have all the necessary wiring. The socket by the spare tire has 7 wires going into it, but I guess they all don't work. So I'm going to tap right into the tail light wire tonight. I need to pick up a 68 Mustang and a 83 CJ-7 this weekend and I don't want to get stuck somewhere with no tail lights.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Here are the wiring instructions. It is very easy to install on a BT Titan. I wouldn't pay anyone more than $5-10 to do the job. I would recommend disconnecting the battery while installing. I was an idiot and I blew a fuse during the install. Of course it was a weird fuse and I had to call about 5 Nissan dealerships to find one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Here's a couple shots of were I put mine. If you do mount it to the right of the steering wheel like most have, make sure you leave enough room to access the diagnostic port. ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Had to hard wire mine to the connector behind the drivers side kick panel. I mounted the Prodigy "holster" to the left of the steering wheel, just below the place for 3 switches (none on the XE). Great location, can see controller readout, easy to adjust and reach and out of the way of my knees. Used small screws, velcro would not hold. I was lucky the relays were already installed.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Tekonsha's website has wiring diagrams. I don't remember the address off the top of my head. An MSN search brought it right up. Tekonsha also makes an assembled wiring harness for Nissans. I bought it as I was not feeling like soldering and wanted plug and play. It wasn't all that expensive. I have a Primus controller. One or two less bells and whistles than the Prodigy.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts