Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Titan - 500 miles and I noticed that the driver side front wheel is heavily dusted. There is a marked difference between the brake dust on this wheel and the others. Any ideas or similar experiences?

One more thing...the alignment seems a bit odd. The truck seems to want continuous minor steering input - even on the highway. It's not horrible and yet it is noticeable enough when compared to my previous ride. Appreciate any suggestions. Takideezy

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine seemed to wander excessively when I picked it up but seemed better after I reduced the tire pressure to 35 psi from 45+. Maybe I got used to it. The brake dust on the wheels is not as bad as it was either but I think that will be with us for the duration. At least it washes off easily. Getting close to 2000 miles on mine.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Takideezy said:
Appreciate any suggestions. Takideezy
Wandering can be caused by front toe out - for better highway stability, increase the amount of front toe in.

The oem alignment specs call for 2.8mm (+/-1mm) front toe in. Get an alignment, and make sure that you have at least 2.8mm front toe in. If you already have that much, set it to 3.8mm or even more front toe in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alignment Corrected/Dustng Improved

Dealer corrected alignment and handling improved considerably. Mileage now at 3000 and brake dust is less of a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took mine in yesterday for the wandering problem. They checked the alignment and told me nothing was wrong. Doesn't feel right, especially when I tow my camping trailer. milage 2300. I check the tire pressure tonight.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Takideezy said:
New Titan - 500 miles and I noticed that the driver side front wheel is heavily dusted. There is a marked difference between the brake dust on this wheel and the others. Any ideas or similar experiences?

One more thing...the alignment seems a bit odd. The truck seems to want continuous minor steering input - even on the highway. It's not horrible and yet it is noticeable enough when compared to my previous ride. Appreciate any suggestions. Takideezy
When I first got my Titan, I thought that it needed more steering correction than it should. Now, however, I am used to it, and I am not overcorrecting like I was at first. It just steers quicker than my Silverado, and once I drove it for a while, I think that I just adapted to giving it less input.

Give it a little time, see how you feel about it after 1500 miles...

·
Registered
750 Posts
You know coming to think of it, maybe the type of brakes used now produces lots of dust and that may be ok. Look at the new BMW745i/ il, have any of you seen one with clean front wheels? Never seen one, so i'm thinking if a $80+k vehicle can't put better brakes on it, then maybe it means that the brakes that produces lots of dust are the good quality brakes.

I hate good quality brakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts