Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my Titan has 94,000 miles on it and my brake pads are still good but EVEN AFTER the recall on the brakes the rotors are starting to warp AGAIN...my local dealership said since they are wearable items I would have to pay to have them replaced...how crappy does that sound to everyone else? Any advice would help me out...I do not want to pay them for brakes that are faulty and since I still have warranty I don't think I should have to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
uhhh well...
It is not uncommon for any vehicle to need rotors replaced with 94k of usage. The brake recall covered "judder" a specific issue. It is rare that any company will warranty brake wear espeacially with 94K.

Just replaced brakes on my wifes honda civic at 60k.
My father just replaced rotors on a 2004 Ford F250 with less than 40k on it.

Just because there was a recall does not requir Nissan to replace your brakes for life.
Suck it up.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Well, with all the brake problems, I would think most would want after market rotors and pads!!!

Call Autozone, or another parts place, I really don't think the OEM replacements are that much.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah well I literally drive nothing but highway....my only slowing down and stopping is when I exit the highway and go 4 miles to my house (1 stop sign) or 6 miles to my work (only 2 stop lights between work and highway)

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I just posted about my PowerSlots on another Forum.

Love 'em, OEM but slotted.

Even stopping, firm pedal feel, fairly inexpensive...

·
Registered
65 Posts
94k miles is good. Every other vehicle I have owned did not make it past 50K. My Titan is at 54K with everything original. If it makes it to 94k without replacement I will be very happy. I drive almost all highway miles but I do tow lots also. They seem to be holding up well so far. My buddy has an 04 Tundra with 38k and just replaced brakes. I think it varies by each vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
160,982 Posts
I'll agree with the general sentiment here. After 94k, you've definitely gotten good use from them. Might I also suggest aftermarket? Such as Stillen sport rotors?

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you can afford the Stillen option... I think that is probably the best way to go.

I thought they extended the warranty on brakes to 3 years since the judder issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts